Skins and scripts for XBMC

meggie_dude

Established Member
Reaction score
There are a few threads starting up asking about getting add-ons loaded to sublement the standard XMC :- e.g. radio, internet browsing, etc.
Thought I'd start a general thread to ask what good skins and scripts are available out there that could be loaded onto the latest version on XBMC (pulled in my case from the official iRC channel/folder).
Without breaking any forum rules, some kind of indication of where to get them from would be useful.
Cheers.:thumbsup:

I thought the latest builds of XBMC included a link to the scripts utility , which let you read about and install what was available . Its accessed through one of the ICON's on the bottom right hand corner of the XBMC start up page

John

johnscarlet said:
I thought the latest builds of XBMC included a link to the scripts utility , which let you read about and install what was available . Its accessed through one of the ICON's on the bottom right hand corner of the XBMC start up page

John

Yeah it links to the script repository which in turn allowas you to install a skin browser.

xBBC is a great script for listening to BBC Radio shows through XBMC

yes, it´s called linkboks. Try a google and you will find. It´s very easy to use and once you have your bookmarks set up for the sites you visit it´s very quick too.

Hi,

So what benefits would I get from using the MC360 skin rather than the PM(3?) that comes with the default T3CH build?

Cheers,

Kris.

can I make a suggestion - download it and try it as everyone has their own skin preferences.

I like MC360 a lot although I sometimes go through a PM3 faze as there are some functions I like on it. It takes a few seconds to switch from one to the other and it wont affect any saved settings so worthwhile downloading and trying.

can I make a suggestion

Of course you can :)

But my question still stands, and you've actually enhanced it.

I like MC360 a lot although I sometimes go through a PM3 faze as there are some functions I like on it.

What functions? What are the differences between MC360 and PM3? Pros and cons etc? Is it just a different look/layout or are there bigger differences to it?

It takes a few seconds to switch from one to the other and it wont affect any saved settings so worthwhile downloading and trying.

I don't know how to do this yet so it will take more than a few seconds, I'd like to know if it's worth it before I spend some time working out how to do it :)

Cheers,

Kris.

Have a look round the website here , I believe you can download the skin from there .
If you can ftp to your xbox , stick the MC360 file in the "skins" folder and you should be able to switch between the 2. its another way of controlling XBMC which mimicks the 360 menus .
There is a certain member who could answer more in depth , but as it has a website .....

John

As johnscarlet has pretty much pointed out, we can type away crap all day, but you're best just downloading it and using it. The website has all the information and pictures just go have a look.

Thanks for the info John.

biffa said:
download it and try it
blackbolt360 said:
we can type away crap all day

<Sigh> Then why have a forum in the first place? Why not just answer every post that asks for information about something with "just go buy/demo/download it and find out for yourself". That's hardly helping people is it.

Maybe when you know lots about a subject it's more difficult to see things from someone else's point of view and answer accordingly. :confused:

Regards,

Kris.

Thanks for the info John.

<Sigh> Then why have a forum in the first place? Why not just answer every post that asks for information about something with "just go buy/demo/download it and find out for yourself". That's hardly helping people is it.

Maybe when you know lots about a subject it's more difficult to see things from someone else's point of view and answer accordingly. :confused:

Regards,

Kris.

Kris , there is more information on the website I linked to than anyone could reply to in a post . It really is like the Coke/Pepsi challenge , their both Cola's , but which do you prefer ? XBMC is the application . That does not change , the skin is just the user interface

It really is like the Coke/Pepsi challenge , their both Cola's , but which do you prefer ? XBMC is the application . That does not change , the skin is just the user interface

Thanks John, that's pretty much what I was wanting as an answer :thumbsup:

Regards,

Kris.

KrisLee, I gave you all the help you needed, the website. The website was designed to give a person everything they needed to know about the skins all there on one page. Its pointless me saying what that is, when I can just link you to the site. As the creator of the skin, how many times do you think I've had to explain what it is to people? Thats why I just refer people to the site, its easier for everyone.

Blackbolt. Thank you!!

Downloaded the skin, love it - a tad 'contrasty' but will fix that when i get official AV cable pack.

solved my problem of youtubing not working, now just need to sort Flickr script out and i'm off!

Thanks again, Dan

:clap:

best skin imo - http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=576417

you will need to update to the latest t3CH build http://217.118.215.116/ but its well worth it, it looks fantastic
screenshot000_t.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom