Skinflint headphones upgrade

Spiritwalker27

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm currently looking to hook up a headphone amp to my naim nait 5i, am ok with sourcing the amp but am looking for some new cans. I have an old pair of audio technica ath-m30 but am thinking there's better out there for a small ish budget, looking to spend £100 and happy to go pre owned.

I listen to rock, metal, goth, electronic music, jazz from time to time. Any suggestions? If it helps am looking at a creek obh21 amp.

I liked my ATH-M50x that can be had new for around £100. They were an eye opener for me after a load of badly bass pumped fashion pairs. Real nice, clean detail that should go well with a well matched amp. If you can it'd be worth comparing them with some Grado SR80x cans.

I'd deffo check out the classifieds here too: Portable Media Devices & Headphones Classifieds

Someones just bagged some HD 560's for £80 !

I liked my ATH-M50x that can be had new for around £100. They were an eye opener for me after a load of badly bass pumped fashion pairs. Real nice, clean detail that should go well with a well matched amp. If you can it'd be worth comparing them with some Grado SR80x cans.

I'd deffo check out the classifieds here too: Portable Media Devices & Headphones Classifieds

Someones just bagged some HD 560's for £80 !
Thanks, I will check that out

Can't recommend the Philips Fidelio range enough. I have the X1 but the X2 and 3 are also very well recommended and any used pairs should be well within budget.

There's one on offer in the classifieds at the minute.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom