• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Skin and other problems on TX32LMD70

alex.lake

Standard Member
I'm now the proud owner of a 32 inch Panny - the 32LMD70.

I say "proud", but already I'm finding niggles.

Firstly, skin - it looks like everyone's wearing highly effective makeup to make their skin look unnaturally smooth. Is this an artefact of the TV's signal processing, an inherent gamut problem with LCD, or something inherent in DVB? I guess I can work out some of the answers by playing some DVD's and home-videos shot on a Panasonic SD1 (which, incidentally, look stunning). This may be the usual crap demo signals in the shops coming back to haunt me... Maybe I should have splashed the extra £100 on an LXD?!

Secondly, the VIERA link (one of the main reasons I bought a Panasonic in the first place) doesn't seem to work at all with my EX75 DVD/HDD recorder although it seems to have all the right acronyms on it (eg. HDAVI, Diga, etc). This MIGHT be down to the HDMI cable, I suppose, but it seems like a proper affair and bears the "HDMI" logo on the cable itself (if not the actual connector). Fortunately, the EX75 remote CAN control most important aspects of the TV (channel, volume and on/off).

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom