Skate

Picked this up the other week in the Gamestation £25 deal.

Very cool game. I love the fact that I lose hours sessioning a random object without chasing any goals or achievments.

I just uploaded 2 videos to the skate reel if anyones cares to take a look.

One is a very funny bail and the other is the hippy flip through the rail thing.

Picked this up the other week in the Gamestation £25 deal.

Very cool game. I love the fact that I lose hours sessioning a random object without chasing any goals or achievments.

That's one of the finer points of the game for me too. I also find myself spend ing hours just sessioning the same ledge, rail, stair set etc. Very realistic in that sense.

The goals are just annoying though. As I mentioned above I only have 1 video challenge left to do to complete the game but it's a really tough one. I just want to skate about for the fun of it but it bothers me that I cant do the stupid challenge! It's not even in keeping with the realism of the game.

I just uploaded 2 videos to the skate reel if anyones cares to take a look.

One is a very funny bail and the other is the hippy flip through the rail thing.

Post the links and I'll vote on them :smashin:

Check out the full videos I made via the links in my sig below.

When does the 'Year's Best' achievement unlock? I think I've done the photo (over the pool hip, between the columns) for the cover of Skateboard mag, and I'm now doing stuff for Thrasher, but I didn't get the achievement. :confused: Pulled an awesome inverted Christ Air for the photo too. :thumbsdow

How do you do a christ air again?

I'm stuck on the pro rob n big challenge!

The 360 flip to fs crooked, it just doesn't wanna do both in the same sequence.

When does the 'Year's Best' achievement unlock? I think I've done the photo (over the pool hip, between the columns) for the cover of Skateboard mag, and I'm now doing stuff for Thrasher, but I didn't get the achievement. :confused: Pulled an awesome inverted Christ Air for the photo too. :thumbsdow

If it's the same achievement I'm thinking of (cant check my gamercard from work) I seem to remember it didnt unlock straight away. Cant say when though as it was a good while ago now. Dont worry though, do another few challenges and you'll get it.

How do you do a christ air again?

I'm stuck on the pro rob n big challenge!

The 360 flip to fs crooked, it just doesn't wanna do both in the same sequence.

I think Christ Airs are done by pressing both triggers + B. If not exactly that then it's something similar. I'm sure it tells you in the in-game trick book anyway (accessable from the pause menu - worth an achievement if you perform all tricks).

As for the other challenge, I just set a session marker on top of the ledge and lined up for the edge. I also made sure my crooks were fs and not bs. The advantage of starting on top of the ledge is that you dont have to pop a high 360 flip to get on it. Fair enough it takes some of the skill away but after about 15 retries you just want to complete the challenge and move on.

Got this game recently and love it! Played online on freeskate in the mega compound and liked it there so much i am desperately trying to unlock it! Great game though, it is keeping me from playing on Assassins Creed, COD4 and Super Mario Galaxy!
PS, please can you vote on my video in my sig for the achievement, thanks :smashin:

I picked this up a few days ago from gamestation aswell to give me break from COD4, but I just can't get the years and years of playing tony hawks and the controls out of my head, I know it will come to me eventually. But I do like how realistic it is and when you do pull off a good line it does feel like you've earned it! and like you guys have been saying you just end up getting distracted and sessioning one little place.

I cannot get the EA site to link my gamertag (to view and get you guys to review my vids), is it always this bad or is it just caused by the recent XBL 'issues'.

I cannot get the EA site to link my gamertag (to view and get you guys to review my vids), is it always this bad or is it just caused by the recent XBL 'issues'.

I know yesterday when I was trying to watch some, iIhad to load up the site select english, then close the page and open it up again using the link for whosevers video it was, hope that helps.

w00t! Just got my 6 win streak and 2000xp achieves!

Now I just need 7 more votes on my video to get the last achievement.

So let's get some vote trading going!

As mentioned above, Skate.Reel won't work for me. So I'll need a friend request to vote on your vid and vice-versa.

Cheers! :hiya:

Nevermind, did it myself.

If anyone asks why there are 8 inactive silver accounts on XBL, Codehead UK1 - Codehead UK8, I don't know anything about it!

Picked this out of my collection today and thought I'd have another bash at it. I'm in a love hate relationship with it as of now. Most challenges seem difficult at first but after a few tries are doable. Although they are annoying the hell out of me. Mostly because if this was any other game I'd have gone to play something else a long time ago but this I just keep going. I'm find the controls to be a bit of a hindrance really. Sometimes they work in perfect harmony with what I'm doing and others they seem to react totally different to what I want them to do. Very frustrating.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom