• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Skate

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Ooooh sweet :thumbsup:

Gotta love the 360 at the minute, game after game, demo after demo :thumbsup:

Ill be hitiing this puppy later, can it make me swap my TH:pG pre order to this?, its gonna have to be good ive played every TH and it'll take alot to make me defect.

judgejohn

Banned
Ooooh sweet :thumbsup:

Gotta love the 360 at the minute, game after game, demo after demo :thumbsup:

Ill be hitiing this puppy later, can it make me swap my TH:pG pre order to this?, its gonna have to be good ive played every TH and it'll take alot to make me defect.

that is what i was thinking but im glad there is a good competition for skating games , skate looks awsome as does THPG but we will know more with the skate demo , im interesting to see the skate controls as im sooo used to tony hawkes controls

judgejohn

Banned
downloaded this demo a hour ago , i must say its great the graphics are top notch and gameplay also is great

what do you lot think of skate ? or do you still prefer tony hawke ?

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
Nice. I was waiting for this to appear.

Any views on how it compares to THP8?

I like the idea of Skate, I'm just concerned the control method might ruin it a little.

Cheers big ears,

Lee

The Fuggler

Prominent Member
downloaded this demo a hour ago , i must say its great the graphics are top notch and gameplay also is great

what do you lot think of skate ? or do you still prefer tony hawke ?

What does the demo let you get up to? Is it a similar structure to Hawk?

A

Adails

Seems to be going the same way as Bioshock demo did for me :(

Me too, I didn't think there would be much of a problem downloading this as it isn't exactly one of the high profile releases.:)

Started at about 3pm and I am on about 74%:(

maxwe

Standard Member
I think it's a great demo. Haven't played thps since way back but this game definately captures the feel for the sport. No over the top stunts. Can't wait for the full game.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
This demo was in stark contrast to the Bioshock demo download for me, Bioshock took me 30 hours to download, this one was complete in just 2 hours.

Quite liked the demo despite it not being my type of game, it grew on me the further I played through the demo, certainly playable. Hated the constant cheesy quotes "that was sick" etc. but I guess they're inevitable with this type of game:rolleyes:

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Started this around 7 when i got in last night, it was still going when i left at 7 this morning :thumbsdow

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
geez thats bad !! thats the worst one i heard so far :eek:

what about ur bill mate :lesson:

In my house the xbox downloading for 12 hours is the least of my worries...:rolleyes:

Thekop

Established Member
Took me about 20 minutes to download Skate this morning.. Looks ok but not really my sort of game. So quickly deleted it after about 30 minutes of play... :)

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer

vinz420

Established Member
Gonna be downloading this as soon as I get home tonight. Been waiting for this since Thrasher on Playstation came out (in case you don't know what Thrasher is, it's a simulation-type skateboarding game like Skate). Cant tell how good gfx is as I've only seen gameplay videos but the gameplay has definitely sold me as I always wanted a simulated-type skateboarding game!

SKATE & DESTROY!

judgejohn

Banned
Gonna be downloading this as soon as I get home tonight. Been waiting for this since Thrasher on Playstation came out (in case you don't know what Thrasher is, it's a simulation-type skateboarding game like Skate). Cant tell how good gfx is as I've only seen gameplay videos but the gameplay has definitely sold me as I always wanted a simulated-type skateboarding game!

SKATE & DESTROY!

mate the gfx are great i think very smooth , if you to www.gametrailers.com and type in skate in the search bar and then go to user movies there is one where someone has recorded the demo :smashin:

vinz420

Established Member
Hasnt heard much about this, was going to download it then i see its made by EA.

I think ill pass.

I think that's too much criticism. Don't judge a book by it's cover.

In my opinion, Burnout was decent, Farcry is OK, Battlefield (PC) series were mostly very good, Army of Two looks interesting, and... Crysis will be the dog's :censored: when it comes out on the PC. Now tell me, why do you think EA is horrible? :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom