skate 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just seen the news on MCV, that skate 2 has been announced.

Electronic Arts has confirmed that the second iteration of popular skateboarding title SKATE is in development for PS3 and Xbox 360.

However, the publisher hasn't released any information regarding release date or price for SKATE 2.

The news came as EA announced that it will release the next SKATE game, SKATE It, on Nintendo formats – and that gamers can play it on the Wii Balance Board.

Awesome news! Skate was one of my favourite games on the 360 recently, and definately the best skateboarding game ever made.

All I'd want for Skate 2 is a new location, a few more tricks and the ability to get of your board.

Sounds like it would be fun on the Wii too, although my little bro used to have a skateboard balance board thing for the original Xbox and it seemed like great fun until you actually tried to use it.

Coolness! I was speculating about the possibility of a sequel just this morning.

I'm dragging myself though the dire Proving Ground at the moment. I've played every Tony Hawk game since THPS2 and they've gone downhill (no pun intended) in the last few.

Skate was a breath of fresh air, such a fun game. I lost hours to it. I just wish it wasn't an EA title. They need to fix skate.reel too.

That is great news! As said before, my only gripe was not being able to get off your board, apart from that it was one of my favourite 360 games :)

Teaser video

Some very vague details

I cant watch the video at work unfortunately... does it look any good or is it just people speaking crap like the teaser vids for the original game?

Cheers ;)

Lee

Coolness! I was speculating about the possibility of a sequel just this morning.

I'm dragging myself though the dire Proving Ground at the moment. I've played every Tony Hawk game since THPS2 and they've gone downhill (no pun intended) in the last few.

Skate was a breath of fresh air, such a fun game. I lost hours to it. I just wish it wasn't an EA title. They need to fix skate.reel too.

Here we go again.

Codehead uk 1......, Codehead uk 2......., Codehead uk 3......, Codehead.....etc. :rolleyes:

:D :D

Available for pre-order release on 23rd Jan - 09

Play.com (UK) : skate 2 : Xbox 360 - Free Delivery

* Double Your Bag of Tricks: Take to the streets and own the spots of New San Van with new tricks like one-foots, handplants, hippy jumps, and more.
* Move It! Get off your board and move stuff to create your ultimate spots to skate and destroy.
* Change the Face of the City: You can't rebuild the scene alone - call on your crew to uncap the spots, drain the pools, and provide some personal security.
* Hall of Meat: Punish your skater in the harshest ways possible with all-new bone-crushing bail physics. The new 'Thrasher Hall of Meat' mode features brutal slam challenges complete with gestures to customise your gnarliest bails.
* Create Spots: After you've moved stuff around to create the best spots, show them off. Upload your custom spots, download other gamers' stuff to skate, and vote on whose spots rule.
* Even More Online Skating: Roll seamlessly between single-player and online skate sessions and compete for cold hard cash and/or glory in the new competitive online modes.
* Express Yourself: Use the Graphics Creator to build custom graphics, then slap them on your hats, hoodies, and decks. Now that you've personalised your skater, film your sickest lines with the expanded skate. Reel and share your vids with the world.

Sounds good!

Should be great. If they can build on the first rather than re-inventing it, they'll have a winner on their hands.
If only they could fix the broken EA login on the website.

cant wait for this! anyone know when a demo is coming out?

looking forward to this, thanks for the info

:arty::arty::arty::arty:

Just before i go away!! Cant wait!! as a skateboarder this is great news :D

Nice one, cheers for the info! Looking forward to this :D

i know hope its going to be a big demo, i played the demo almost as much as the game!

yeah, but it doesnt say what time? Hopefully just after midnight tomorrow but i doubt it.

Damn, I'm still playing the first one ...

Damn, I'm still playing the first one ...

I should be playing the first one, still havent got too far even though i really like it.

Did some digging around for info, and stumbled on this:

Tony Hawk's Adrenaline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Proving Ground was pretty poor, especially with the beauty that was Skate hitting at the same time. Neversoft are looking at reinventing the TH series, and not before time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom