Wanted SJ4000 Action Camera

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by daniel_r, May 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. daniel_r

daniel_r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Hi,

I am after one of these to take away on holiday with me, anyone got one they are looking to move on?

Cheers

Daniel

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

2. Lewie

Lewie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +906
    I have one (not looking to sell) just make sure you get it from a reputable source if you buy new - great for the £

3. daniel_r

daniel_r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Yeah, I was hoping to pick one up from here which would negate that risk.

I will avoid eBay due to that, but I see Amazon also has numerous sellers so its hard to know for sure

Thanks for that

4. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
    FWIW I bought a 4000 WiFi last July from Amazon - sold by "Mini Kitty" fulfilled by Amazon.
    It was genuine and at £60 was a fair price delivered next day on Prime. I would be slightly wary of buying a used, cheap action cam as you don't have any guaranty what it has been up to before you get it.

Mine was set up as a car cam/dash cam to capture footage of a road trip to Spain and back - part holiday video, part insurance protection. It was faultless though I wouldn't bother with the WiFi function in that application as it's too slow for file transfer and the live view is of pretty limited use.

5. daniel_r

daniel_r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    So is it better to save a few pennies (think its about a tenner actually) and not bother with the wifi model?

6. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
    Depends what you're doing with it really. As I can comfortably see the screen to aim the camera in the car it serves no purpose. My camera was sticky mounted to the windscreen but after a year on the windscreen the glue on the pad was giving up so now I've used the handlebar mount to attach it to the rear view mirror support.
    I tried copying a video file from the camera to my iPhone when I first got it and it failed every time - the files are 500-600MB - which just seems to time out on my phone. It might be OK for stills or another phone.
    If it's somewhere hard to see - like on a helmet mount or on the outside of your car - then I can see the ability to see what the camera is displaying, point it carefully and control it is probably worth the extra few quid. The screen is pretty titchy so again if you're framing something very carefully seeing it on your phone might be worth the trouble. I only used the live view a couple of times, streaming to my phone on the dash, but it's surprising how distracting another view of the road delayed by 1/4 of a second is and it served no purpose really.

7. daniel_r

daniel_r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Thanks a lot for the reply, much appreciated..... think I will go for the wifi model as that feature might come in handy.

cheers