Question Size of rear surround speaker (Wharfedale Diamond 11)

BreadrunsAway

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm finally going to register here and ask a question because I'm about to "upgrade" my surround rear speakers which are currently Wharfedale Diamond 8.2's.

Earlier in lockdown I finally upgraded my cheap surround sound which came with an old blu ray player to something more professional but still affordable for me, I ended up getting a Onkyo AV for dolby atmos, Wharfedale Diamond 11.3's for the left and right, Wharfedale 11CS for the centre, Some Wharfedale D300's for the atmos height speakers and as said I've been using my old 8.2's for the rears, which are fine but they are old, theyve been bashed about and abused during some raving days of mine, because I know the rears arent so important I haven't worried about it until im ready to upgrade which is now....

My question then is if I upgrade them to Wharfedale Diamond 11.1's is there any point? they are very cheap at the moment and considering it is just for my rears I am hoping someone with more experience can tell me to go for it or that I'm best just waiting to get the 11.2's, the only reason i'm holding off is incase they are much quieter than what I have now

many thanks for reading this

11.2 is likely sold out everywhere as the 12 range is out! The 11.1 looks quite spot on for typical lounge use i mean it´s quite compact with 5" drivers. I doubt you would notice much with the larger 11.2 as you aren´t driving them full range either. Typically the effect channels are so close to listeners in UK lounges also and this is not the smallest model, 11.0 is! 119£/pr is quite a steal and of course it will look 10x better than the "Jesus time 8.2 model" and the best part would be 100% matching drivers all around including same tweeter and that same 130mm mid-bass driver which is found in 11.3 and 11CS! Is it going to make massive difference, i doubt but you would sleep your nights better and be satisfied with fully matching system with better looks. You are going to kick yourself if they are sold out and you miss em, that´s for sure. :laugh:

Forum advertiser has the white and black in stock still. 52% off! 🧐

11.2 is likely sold out everywhere as the 12 range is out! The 11.1 looks quite spot on for typical lounge use i mean it´s quite compact with 5" drivers. I doubt you would notice much with the larger 11.2 as you aren´t driving them full range either. Typically the effect channels are so close to listeners in UK lounges also and this is not the smallest model, 11.0 is! 119£/pr is quite a steal and of course it will look 10x better than the "Jesus time 8.2 model" and the best part would be 100% matching drivers all around including same tweeter and that same 130mm mid-bass driver which is found in 11.3 and 11CS! Is it going to make massive difference, i doubt but you would sleep your nights better and be satisfied with fully matching system with better looks. You are going to kick yourself if they are sold out and you miss em, that´s for sure. :laugh:

Forum advertiser has the white and black in stock still. 52% off! 🧐

Thanks for your reply I literally purchased them in the early hours last night after reading what you had said, your right In what you say and with 52% off its a steal which I could'nt pass up on! thanks again for helping push me into the right decision.

p.s loved what you said about the "jesus time" 8.2's haha they looked good in my bedroom when i was a teenager but my god are they ugly now that I have the 11's hehe looking forward to getting them up on the wall

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom