Sixaxis sync problems

Yorkshirelion

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought a PS3 last night, did some gaming on it and then some more today, twice though my Sixaxis controller has lost sync, i then have to reboot the console to get the controller working right again.

It works for a few hours and then all the four lights start flashing and i cant get it to come back. I have just bought another sixaxis controller tonight but after this happened i did some searching and it seems to happen quite often.

Is there a fix for this or is this what happens, do i need to exchange the pad ?

Hi all,

I bought a PS3 last night, did some gaming on it and then some more today, twice though my Sixaxis controller has lost sync, i then have to reboot the console to get the controller working right again.

It works for a few hours and then all the four lights start flashing and i cant get it to come back. I have just bought another sixaxis controller tonight but after this happened i did some searching and it seems to happen quite often.

Is there a fix for this or is this what happens, do i need to exchange the pad ?

Does the new one do the same? Have you checked the battery indicator when this happens? Also, instead of rebooting the console, have you tried plugging it in to the PS3 with the USB cable (and pressing the PS button)?

Hi,

I havent used the new one yet as it is charging, i havent tried plugging the other one into the usb port, i will try that next time but that still seems un-ideal. The battery indication after i rebooted said full 3 bars, when it happened earlier i thought the battery had just ran out but this was not the case.

thanks for the advice i will try that and see if it works and if the new one does this.

Is it the controller or the console ?

Tried pressing the small recessed reset button on the underside of the pad?

Hi,

I havent used the new one yet as it is charging, i havent tried plugging the other one into the usb port, i will try that next time but that still seems un-ideal. The battery indication after i rebooted said full 3 bars, when it happened earlier i thought the battery had just ran out but this was not the case.

thanks for the advice i will try that and see if it works and if the new one does this.

Is it the controller or the console ?

Not sure mate, suppose if the other one does it it is the machine.

Tried pressing the small recessed reset button on the underside of the pad?

Definately worth trying that to, but it should just do the same as plugging it in vis the USB cable.

Trying the new one now,

It just happened again a second ago, all four lights flashing and then nothing. It will work when i plug the usb cable in but if i take it out again it stops working.

I then switched the PS3 off and tried to turn it back on with both pads but they were just flashing red. Once the machine had come on they both synced up and worked. Both with 3 full bars.

Now to try the new pad

Doh,

Still not working with the other pad, it keeps just losing connection, I bought this from HMV, if i just package it back up will they exchange for a new one straight out.

I originally bought a Ps3 last week from Amazon but that came damaged so i just went into town and bought this one from HMV

I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago - where the controller suddenly stopped working, and i couldnt get it to stay on. it wouldnt stay on even with the usb connected.
I was going to take it back, but i left it to charge for a while and have had no problems since then (touch wood).

Doh,

Still not working with the other pad, it keeps just losing connection, I bought this from HMV, if i just package it back up will they exchange for a new one straight out.

I originally bought a Ps3 last week from Amazon but that came damaged so i just went into town and bought this one from HMV

That is quite odd. Sounds like you aren't having much luck with PS3's. :(

Did you try the reset button on the underside of the controller? If that didn't work maybe try what geeders has suggested and leave the two controllers plugged in and charging for a few hours (overnight if you wanted - you could always leave it on Folding@Home) and see how they are in the morning? If they are still the same it might be worth returning it to HMV and getting another one.

I am currently doing an endless doughnut on motorstorm at the moment as my pad has stopped working again and wont come back on. When i press in the reset button the pad just stops blinking.

Motorstorm has just crashed now as the endless doughnuts must have caused a problem. I have got to go into HMV tomorrow to collect Burnout as it is released tomorrow.

I think it might be Thomas Cooked as i have heard of problems with the pads but not his.

Its happens to me probably every few hours for about 5 seconds

I think that is the problem that is out there, but mine seems to go that step further and not come back at all. :mad:

Oh well maybe third time lucky :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom