Six Nations Rugby

richp007

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Wow, no thread for the rugby on here! :eek:

Great opening match last night, never thought Wales would come back and win it.

Another great game here as well, but I fancy the Irish to nick it off us by the end....

Best of the three games so far was in Dublin where the English just blew Ireland away. Looking forward to the game in Cardiff. I thought Wales were lucky as the French imploded but I'll take the result, thank your very much. We will have to play much better than that against the English.

As far as Scotland was concerned I thought the score flattered them. The Italians were very poor and Scotland failed to make the most of their many chances.

Ireland far from their best and clearly suffering from anxiety from losing at home for the first time in 5 years but capitalise on Scottish mistakes to win by 9 points in Murrayfield.

The first half of Scotland v Ireland was very entertaining. Scotland's skills let them down in the second half and in the end were well beaten. Best match of the day.

Then came the dire match in Italy. Simply awful. Although Wales didn't look like losing they are going to have to play a lot better than that just to keep the score within reason let alone beat England in a fortnight. I know there's France to come tomorrow but it's England's championship to lose.

Boys bach, boys bach. I am sooooo happy. The dragons have slayed St George.

Terrific game.

13 wins on the bounce for Wales now - but, damn, that was a tough watch in the second half.

Too close for comfort, had visions of 2017 again. Scotland lacked a cutting edge in the Wales 22 and I think they really lacked leadership on the field. The George North penalty that ultimately led to the Scottish try was harsh, he had his hands on the ball. Some dodgy decisions from the officials but it was handed out to both teams. Sometimes I thank the TMOs get bored and want to make a mark on the game.

Going to be a hell of a weekend in Cardiff for super Saturday.

Don't think I've ever heard Twickenham so quiet when England were winning. The crowd were so bored that they started playing with their mobile phones. Italy on times showed great composure when they held on to ball for a dozen or so phases but their defence was woeful. They've not won for 14 matches in the 6 Nations.

If Wales lose to Ireland next week then they could land up third in the Championship with England taking it, provided they beat Scotland that is. Wales have everything to play for. The Grand Slam and being second only to the mighty All Blacks in the IRB rankings.

Cardiff will be bouncing off the walls this weekend and it’s st Patrick’s day.

They better not start making mistooks again.

Better not go shopping this weekend......

BBC Wales reckon there could be up to 250,000 people in the city centre.
Anyone who's been there will know it's a pretty compact city centre, so it's going to be pretty rammed everywhere. There'll be hoards of Irish in Cheltenham all week for the Gold Cup, who will likely be stopping in town on Saturday en route back to the Emerald Isle....
Me? I'm staying home.....

Should be a good closing weekend. Mathematically there could be a few winners if results go right.

If England beat Scotland and get a bonus point, doesn't matter if Wales win. But I reckon the England v Scotland game will be a tight affair.

I would love Wales to win (again), obviously, but as always I would also like to see a good match. It is far better to get a defeat off a match well played by both sides than your side not turning up or the other went home early.

Why do we always say that as if we are the ones playing the game?

Think there was a pundit on one rugby show saying that a forward in a full on match walks away at full time with a body that has been through the equivalent of a 40 mph crash in a car with no seat belt (quoting some sport physician I think). As fans we just boo or cheer.

JPR has just turned 70.
BBC Wales reckon there could be up to 250,000 people in the city centre.
I am off the pop now but it is an absolute superb atmosphere, been there for many a match and win or lose, a great time is always had by all.

It's a mouthwatering game in Cardiff, so many good games against the Irish have been played out there. Dreadful weather forecast for Saturday and the run up with Storm Gareth bearing down on the UK. Funny how the Irish met office should give the storm a Welsh name. I doubt very much that the roof will be open, it's going to be a fantastic atmosphere in the Principality, the best stadium in the world.

Best stadium.....? for atmosphere perhaps.

The UK as a whole does so poor in the food steaks at a stadium it should be outlawed. I have been to lower league clubs that cater far better than the Millennium. I have taken a hotdog back at the Mill.... Principality. The poor girl wasn't sure what to do she had to call a manager, she said people just ate them and didn't complain. Fair do's, money back or something else.

Should be a good closing weekend. Mathematically there could be a few winners if results go right.

If England beat Scotland and get a bonus point, doesn't matter if Wales win. But I reckon the England v Scotland game will be a tight affair.

Have to disagree Greg. We've gone backwards this year. Injurys havent helped in saying that. I fear a heavy defeat for Scotland this weekend. Just aswell I'll be in the local Rugby club so the beer will ease the pain a little ;)

I fear a heavy defeat for Scotland this weekend.
Russell needs to be absolutely on fire, Kinghorn (If he's fit) will be key (as he has been all season, and last, come to that) and Townsend MUST start Watson at 7 - for my money, he almost played himself into MOTM on Saturday despite starting on the bench.

This Scotland player's stats were just ridiculous against Wales

I think England will believe they'e already got the 5-points, so if Scotland turn up, they could do a number on England.

Have to disagree Greg. We've gone backwards this year. Injurys havent helped in saying that. I fear a heavy defeat for Scotland this weekend. Just aswell I'll be in the local Rugby club so the beer will ease the pain a little ;)

Ah Mav me old mucker, how goes it?

Yes, I was trying to be kind, but Scotland are not doing that great this year, same with France really.

Russell needs to be absolutely on fire, Kinghorn (If he's fit) will be key (as he has been all season, and last, come to that) and Townsend MUST start Watson at 7 - for my money, he almost played himself into MOTM on Saturday despite starting on the bench.

This Scotland player's stats were just ridiculous against Wales

I think England will believe they'e already got the 5-points, so if Scotland turn up, they could do a number on England.

Haven't turned up for any game including Italy. I agree Watson must start. I don't see it with Kinghorn at 15 his tackling and positional sense is poor for an international standard 15. He's out injured anyway which is a shame as I'd have him on the wing (more dangerous)

Ah Mav me old mucker, how goes it?

Yes, I was trying to be kind, but Scotland are not doing that great this year, same with France really.
Aloha ;) same old mate. I see your still on BF and spotted you playinh Apex. You'll see me on origin as sharkiebruce (don't ask). We've had too many injurys . We don't have a large pool of players to pick from so down to 3rd choice in a few positions Been torture watching at Murrayfield this year :( still maybe it's all been a plan and saved our best till last ;)

Aloha ;) same old mate. I see your still on BF and spotted you playinh Apex. You'll see me on origin as sharkiebruce (don't ask). We've had too many injurys . We don't have a large pool of players to pick from so down to 3rd choice in a few positions Been torture watching at Murrayfield this year :( still maybe it's all been a plan and saved our best till last ;)

Yes mate, mostly play Wreckfest, Rocket League, PUBG and Apex at the moment.

It will be an interesting match for sure.

Cough cough.

And we were singing, hymns and......

Brilliant brilliant Wales. Magnificent. Arddechog.

Roof, who needs a roof.

Thanks Gats and Co.

Diolch yn fawr.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom