Six Feet Under on E4

A

Azrikam

This is probably old news, but the best show on TV right now is starting it's second season this Monday, on E4.

Originally, I was annoyed that it took so long for them to show SFU here in the UK, but now getting to see the 2nd season immediately after the 1st season completely makes up for it.

For anybody who hasn't seen it, you've still got a few days to find someone who's taped the 1st season and catch up before Monday. (what are you waiting for?)

Fair play to Channel 4/E4 for doing a run-on of one of the best shows on TV for years. Let's hope this continues with seasons 3 and 4.

I honestly haven't watched E4 in months (partly due to their shows and partly due to the logo). I made a point not to miss SFU on Channel 4 so I could watch it "unblemished". (as opposed to the repeat on E4)

I just know I'll be cursing that logo everytime I watch it. :mad:

Originally posted by Squirrel God
I don't have E4 so I'll have to wait :rolleyes:

Or get E4? It's almost worth paying £16 a month for it, £4 an episode...

Originally posted by juboy
Or get E4? It's almost worth paying £16 a month for it, £4 an episode...
Only have DTTV so would mean a new cable subscription (I can't have Sky 'cause I live in flats).

I'm glad E4 are showing it in the old C4 10pm timeslot - the repeats at 9pm on E4 always played like edited highlights, there wasn't a single episode that wasn't cut for some reason or other (sex, language, drugs etc) every week, often killing some excellent humour in the process.

Couldn't agree more. If you buy and screen a show of that nature with cuts, it'd be better you didn't show it at all.

Originally posted by juboy
Bummer. Can't you get someone to tape it for you?
No one I know has an E4 subscription but even if they did, I think they'd tell me to fudge off if I asked 'em to tape it for me each week. I will wait patiently and lose myself in DVDs and test drives :D

For any people without E4 i know a place where the 2nd series can be 'obtained' for £15. I cant say in here though.

Btw, they are going start filming Season 3 in a week or two and it should be ready for early next year on HBO ofcourse.

Just watched the first episode of the second season.

It's a good thing E4 had that "Brand New" icon on the screen. A couple of times I had completely forgotten that I was watching a new show. I found myself complaining to nobody in particular about endless repeats until I noticed the icon.

Now if only they plastered the name of the show I'm currently watching on the screen as well, I would be truly safe from completely forgetting what I'm doing. Oh, and another bright logo to tell me what's coming on next would be great, because it's far too much work to hit a button on my remote.

Come to think of it, if half the screen showed the programme, and the other half was used for E4's entire daily lineup of shows, I'd be in heaven. Heck, I don't watch the top half of the screen anyway.

Sorry about that... Sinus medication... Overindulgent sarcasm was not listed on the "possible side-affects" label... I'm better now.
:)

It would be good if the TV stations would allow you to remove the OSLs in the same way 'Backup' gets rid of the 'red dot' on Sky.

Although I can grasp the commercial aspects of using OSLs, I'm not sure companies are so keen to annoy and alienate people. Who doesn't know e4 has the new Six Feet Under anyway?

Well, I'm just glad the Osbournes series is over, so now there's absolutely no reason for me to tune in MTV. Man, their onscreen junk is bad.

On a plus note, it seems (possibly due to people's complaints) that Channel 5 will be relaunching with no onscreen logo!!! Hopefully this is the start of a trend. (but I won't get my hopes up)

Originally posted by Azrikam
it seems (possibly due to people's complaints) that Channel 5 will be relaunching with no onscreen logo!!!

That's probably more due to them not being able to afford a new one...

Do all you folks know about the Campaign for LOGO FREE TV ? They campaign against all the on-screen crap, and have email addresses, phone no.s etc to complain to at most of the channels. A Just and Worthy cause in my opinion - sign up today !

Oh and Hurrah for Channel 5 !!

http://www.logofreetv.org.uk/

Just saw the final episode of SFU series 2 on TVNZ last night.

I won't spoil any of it for you guys on the other side of the world, except to say that SFU is definately one of the best things on the box these days. Really looking forward to the new series they're sposed to be making now.

It is a great show and I was pleased to see S2 start so well. Brenda, for all her 'IQ' is turning into more of a self-centred cow - let's hope that changes somewhat.
Life and Death, bring it on:cool:

LOL juboy.
It is good news about 5 going to be logo-free, though it's ironic that's always had a decently see-through jobbie. But a less welcome irony; that a station which started out as a fa na fa na risque' channel, have gone on with the mantle of showing films at nine and slicing the guts out of them and filling them with news updates. Twonks.

kiwiranger, how would you say season two compates to the first?

I've also watched next mondays ep straight after the first (i have the first 4 on my hdd). One moment sent shivers down my spine while another had me a little bit teary eyed for a second. Nothing else on TV compares to it although The Sopranos starts on Sunday (or Monday for some of us depending where your live) and then i really will be spoilt.

God bless HBO. :)

Originally posted by CatDog
Do all you folks know about the Campaign for LOGO FREE TV ? They campaign against all the on-screen crap, and have email addresses, phone no.s etc to complain to at most of the channels. A Just and Worthy cause in my opinion - sign up today !

Oh and Hurrah for Channel 5 !!

http://www.logofreetv.org.uk/

Yeah, I've signed up. Worthwhile cause, I just wish I had time to send in some complaints.

The worst thing about SFU is that it's set my expectations for TV a little higher. Sadly, nothing else on the box can compare, so I really don't watch anything else. (except for the cartoon network, but I've seen everything they've got. When do we get Adult Swim???????)

Hey Spinning Plates

TVNZ just rolled series 1 into series 2. I didn't even notice the end of one series and the beginning of the next. I did really enjoy the development of the characters. One thing I can say without spoiling S2 for you guys is that they've pretty much abandoned the dead man talking bit.

Enjoy.

Chris 'kiwiranger' Parke

PS Keith rocks!

Originally posted by kiwiranger
One thing I can say without spoiling S2 for you guys is that they've pretty much abandoned the dead man talking bit.

......that's a shame, he's my favourite character....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom