Six channel amp

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
If I can sell my audiolab 8000sx amps I wouldn't mind getting a single six channel amplifier.

Currently have two pair but processor allows memto have three height speakers so I could add another pair of 3010i (or could have 3020i on fronts)

I've seen Nord what 125w options are there in six channel amp, also any other amps to consider?

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
If I can sell my audiolab 8000sx amps I wouldn't mind getting a single six channel amplifier.

Currently have two pair but processor allows memto have three height speakers so I could add another pair of 3010i (or could have 3020i on fronts)

I've seen Nord what 125w options are there in six channel amp, also any other amps to consider?

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Yeah I thought of 7ch amp and leave 7th unused. Still I like idea of efficient cooling running compact ish unit. Never had class d for speakers

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Yeah I thought of 7ch amp and leave 7th unused. Still I like idea of efficient cooling running compact ish unit. Never had class d for speakers

Or get 3 of these

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
This

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member

Conrad

Have a look at Rouge (not rogue, which is what Google always throws up for me) and Apollon as well. They'll make a custom unit with different amp modules in, Hypex, IcePower or Purifi.

D

Deleted member 901590

Hyperfi do a good value graded Rotel RKB-8100 that uses Hypex.

Yorkshire AV

AVForums Sponsor
You could take a look at the Emotiva BasX amplifiers though 6 channels is a bit of an odd number.

You could either go with a 7 channel or perhaps a 9 channel and do some bi-amping.

Emotiva do an affordable range called the BasX but they also have their XPA series.
We have both in the showroom if you wanted to see pics of them side by side.

5 channel version above - they do a 7 channel though they're not on my website.

The XPA is a meaty one - I could configure a 6 channel for you (it's a modular system):

Emotiva for me give superb quality / SNR / THD etc at reasonable costs. The prices like most things have gone up recently but one certainly to consider IMO.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom