Question Sitting too far away from TV to justify 4K/UHD

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by vorty, Feb 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. vorty

vorty
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I’m currently watching an old 27 inch Panasonic TV from 3m away and I feel like I need a pair of binoculars to work out what’s happening.

I’ve only got room for a 43 inch TV to replace it and having a viewing distance of 3m it seems pointless me paying for 4K/UHD on that size of screen.

It seems like most TVs even of this size are 4K/UHD these days. So what do I do? Buy a 4K TV even though I won’t get the benefit or are there some decent HD TVs still out there?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,340
    At the smaller sizes the TVs available are all low-range models priced between the 400-600 mark. Unlike it was in 2014 or earlier, its not possible to get a higher end TV at this kind of size and price anymore. So generally ones made a few years ago, especially the last few gen Plasma TVs offer better PQ than those LCDs available today.

Whether you go for an UHD model or not doesn't really matter unless you still watch normal SD TV. If you do I would get a FHD model instead as they upscale that better.

There are a couple of FHD models listed in my guide: My best value TVs, 2017 Edition which will be most suitable, providing you don't need wide viewing angles.