Sith Documentary "Within A Minute"

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Sgt Steiner, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Sgt Steiner

Sgt Steiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all

Just watched this 'making of' item on Sith disc and thought it was an excellent documentary.
    Hard to believe so many people and so many months work involved in less than 60secs of the film !!!!

One of the best 'extras' items I have seen since LOTR and New Hope stuff and very nicely done with 'family-tree/DNA strand' type menus.

If you have not watched this I highly reccomend it

Cheers

2. dsw182

dsw182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I thought it was pretty fascinating and also a great tribute to some of the forgotten talent not often mentioned.

3. Will Scarlet

Will Scarlet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +663
    To be honest I found it pretty boring. To focus for so long on one scene was IMHO a mistake. LOTR extras I found fascinating, but this was pretty typical of Lucas, totally over the top. One scene doth not make a film, something methinks Mr. Lucas fails to comprehend. Pretty much summed up the second trilogy for me.... style over substance!! :(

4. partyweb

partyweb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +529
    Will, maybe you missed the point of the documentary. The point of the documentary was to show how much work went into creating the WHOLE movie and to do this by picking one 60 second snapshot and breaking it down into it's component bits. The lightsabre duel was chosen as it is the scene that everyone was waiting for in the film, ie the most popular and thus would be of most interest to see deconstructed and assembled together. It is fascinating to see the amount of work that when into making the movie but I must agree with you that it did start to get boring (that's what happens when you interview accountants :D ) as it went on far too long.

5. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought the documentary on The Phantom Menace was very good and well done, one of my fav extra's of all the movies i have but the documentary on Return of the Sith was for want of a better word, boring and repetitive. I would have preferred a more indepth look at the making of the entire film.

6. Will Scarlet

Will Scarlet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +663
    Sorry partyweb I did not miss the point. Maybe having seen the extras provided by Peter Jackson on each of the LOTR extended editions, I have a greater expectation than I otherwise would. Quite simply, Jackson and his team gave a more comprehensive overview of each film, and they did it in a more entertaining way. As I said, I found this pretty boring. I certainly would not have been interested in watching another 3hrs of this kind of stuff had it been available. With the LOTR extras I couldn't drag myself away, and there's hours of them. Nearly as entertaining as the films themselves. Maybe that's the problem, the material the documentary is based on. :eek: Anyway, each to his own and I'm glad you enjoyed the documentary, not my cuppa though.