1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sirius vs. XM (reception)

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by meeotch, Jan 12, 2004.

1. meeotch

meeotch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased a Kenwood head unit for my truck along with a Siruis satellite set-up. Being a music lover, I was so excited about receiving my new toy. After braving the 20 degree temperatures installing the unit, I must say I was a bit let down with the quality of sound. Some channels sounded good, and some sounded bad(like a low quality MP3 file). Some even sounded like an AM radio station to me. NO channels sounded as good as a good FM radio station. So I figured thats just how satellite radios were. I was told that you can't really get better reception quality. Instead of static or a bad signal, you will just lose reception all together. (Same principle as most satellites) Well anyway, a few days after my let down, I sat in my friends vehicle with a freshly installed XM unit. I thought I was listening to a CD. It sounded beautiful! So... I'm looking for some feedback here. If you have Sirius/XM, are you pleased? Have you compared it to the other? Maybe I have bad equipment... I don't know. Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Meeotch