SIPs Shed build - additional insulation/sound reduction

southpaw220

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ve built a SIPs shed room and am now turning attention to the interior. I seem to have blown my budget so I’m now focused on getting finished rather than making perfect. My thoughts had been to add 25mm rockwool and 15mm acoustic plaster to help out with insulation - is that a good balance between price / performance ?

Another idea I had today was to place strips of rubber mat like below in between the internal batten and plasterboard. Any benefit in doing this or would it be a waste of money?

cheers

Some detail of the depth of your walls and if you've already used the space up with insulation board would be useful. 25mm will help but very marginally. Can you not fix 25mm roofing laths to the inside dace and make it 50mm? Or reduce the depth of the rigid insulation boards?

I’ll see if I can find a picture but walls are two sheets of 12mm OSB with 75mm of insulaction in between. Plan was to frame inside with 25x50 (25mm service/insulation cavity) or use 3x2 (approx 60mm service/insulation cavity).

The point of using different materials is to block out different frequencies. 25mm is a token gesture. Having said that I'd be tempted to fit it if there's space and double up on your plasterboard to add mass without impacting your space (unless you builds massive)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom