sinking a tv into a wall, finding the correct size for the hole

DeadBeat

i have a 40" sony bravia LCD that im soon to be mounting on a wall. im going to be building a fake chimney breast around a real chimney breast and sink the tv into it.

however im just wondering about the size of the hole to sink the tv into, two things come to mind.

the first is what kind of gap around the edge of the tv should i leave? the mount is very simple so might need to get access behind at times to get the tv off the wall.

the second is should i make the hole fit to my 40" tv or should i be building it to accomodate a more universal tv size like 42" are tv's made to standard dimensions, i ask as i dont want my current tv to break and then end up having to rebuild the chimney to fit another tv in, or is this unavoidable.

thanks in advance

Sanders79

Distinguished Member
Hello,

You should also be thinking about allowing your TV enough space to breathe - the manual will have some instructions about how much space you need to leave.

40" is a pretty standard TV size, especially if you think you are likely to stick with Sony in the future.

You might like to leave a larger gap around the TV and add some lighting around the TV? There are a few people on here who have done it with great effect.

Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom