• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Singstar Mics

paulbed4d

Established Member
Do the old singstar microphones work with the PS4 or do i need to get specific PS4 ones? I was going to use the smartphone app, but by all accounts it lags and isn't very good.

Ben6279

Established Member
Yes, they do work. Have been using the wireless PS3 SingStar mics since PS4 SingStar launched.

I came across mine the other month & thought the same. Didn't they use a wireless receiver via usb connection? Is it still the same for PS4?

iainl7

Prominent Member
I can confirm that both the wireless (with the dongle plugged in the USB) and wired PS2/PS3 mics work just fine on PS4. Though since not all songs are available for download and the old discs don't work, you'd still be better off sticking with the PS3 version if that's not a big problem for you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom