Question Single Samsung R7/R3 speaker or full soundbar+sub with Samsung TV yes or no?

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by mstar, Apr 20, 2018.

1. mstar

mstar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello All,

I wanted to pick your brains on a situation which i wanted to ask about. I have a KS7000 55" which i wanted to connect some kind of speaker system. I want a nice wirelesss speaker system for my TV output and maybe flexibility to play music from phone.

I heard a demo of the R7 and R3 and they are very impressive (wife likes them better than a big soundbar and subwoofer she said they look nice and shaped lol) i wanted to ask if i have a single R7 or R3 connected to my KS7000 will it sound off as all the sound is coming from 1 speaker on the side or on the floor/middle? or can i have the tv speakers AND the R7 running side-by-side?

The other option is to get 2x R1/R3s to balance out the sound if you guys think it sound naff with 1 speaker?

2. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +421
    If you could get a speaker to work in tandem with built in ones there’d almost certainly be a syncing issue at some point.

If you opt for one speaker it’d have to be central to the screen otherwise it would seem off.

You can get bars without subwoofers. Or look at a soundbase that would sit in your tv rack.

Most bars come with wireless subwoofers so you can put them where you like, within reason. The bar itself will blend in in no time.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  3. mstar

mstar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thanks for the info.

The only place if i get 1 speaker would be behind the TV back (on the stand where there is room by the one connect box. This goes against the 360 sound doesn't it and maybe not sound good?

One question i have is doesn't the Samsung All-in-Once sound bars probably be the same as the R7 in terms of sound?

4. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +421
    They have more drivers, spread out along the bar - this should result in a wider soundstage.

As for choosing the R7 for aesthetics and hiding it; utterly pointless. I’d imagine the sound will be off too due to hitting the screen and reverbing back on itself.

5. yan101

yan101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Depends if you're bothered about movies sounding "correct" ive never seen the r series stuff before this post, but it looks to me more like for playing music around the house, rather than to connect to a tv for movies etc. Not to say you couldnt, but an all in one soundbar could do both alot better if you didnt want a subwoofer. Plus those r series look expensive once you get into adding more. If music is more your thing then they would be great to have around the house. I just think they might be a bit lacking when you hook them to the tv.

6. mstar

mstar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thanks Guys, i know what you mean on the R series.

One question i heard is lot of issues people have with maintaining connectivity. I prefer a wireless connection as possible using my KS7000 sound connect will this be good enough to maintain a connection and audio to be in sync with tv? or is it always best using the HDMI/ARC way to connect?

7. yan101

yan101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    You will always have a more reliable connection if that connection is physical. Ive never connected wireless to my tv but i used to have a samsung hwf450 soundbar with wireless sub, and i gradually got worse and worse problems with the wireless connections to the subwoofer (bluetooth connection) i have wireless rears on my current soundbar and havent had 1 problem yet, but given the option id have them physically connected if i could just for reliability sake. But thats just me.

8. mstar

mstar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thats interesting, how come you got worse wireless connectivity with BT? is that a side-effect of all these wireless subs? thats why i thought WIFI is more stable and longer reaching.

9. yan101

yan101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I think interference played a part. The more gadgets i got the worse it ended up being haha. You'd watch a movie and the bass would cut out for a quick second. Got so annoying. The rears i have now are wifi. Much more reliable and because its an all in one soundbar there isnt any need for a sub, although you can add one later, its still better bass than my previous soundbar and sub. I have the samsung ms650 with swa9000s rears. Cost less than £450 total, so not mega money but really crystal clear sound and good bass for my size living room. The samsung multiroom app means i can connect my spotify, deezer etc and play music. Its a great allrounder for me. But its all about preference and what you intend to use it for

10. mstar

mstar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was looking at the All-in-One soundbars. Unfortunately the ms550, is more affordable for me.
    I understand this is inferior so it may not be as good as a normal soundbar and sub.

But i will not think the normal average joe notice a big difference between the MS550 and MS650

11. yan101

yan101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I paid £379 for the ms650, on reviews it seemed leaps and bounds better than the 550. I saw some old deals where you could get the bar and rears for £299, gutted i missed that deal. The sub for it is about £500, i cant justify spending that on a subwoofer that i probably dont need

12. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +421
    If you connect via optical cable you’ll barely notice it, especially given the connection is on the one connect box.