• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Single DIN DVD screen with DVD-MP3???

turboDean

Standard Member
I'm looking for an in dash screen which will play MP3's from a DVD as i quite like the idea of 4.7GB of music on one disk.

Anybody got any ideas which systems will and won't do it??

Apprantly the Alpine IVA-D310RB does, so the Alpine web site says, has anyone tried it??
How about the kenwood KVT-627 and any other equivalant units??

Hugh

Distinguished Member
JVC KD-AVX1 will do all that.

3 inch screen, DVD witrh mp3 playback from DVD.

No idea how good it is. There's quite a long thread about it somewhere here.

Hugh

Distinguished Member
Ah, right. I guess I just took the title "Single DIN DVD screen" a little too literally. :oops:

cjdshaw

Standard Member
Yup. My Alpine IVA-D310RB does it just fine. I leave a DVD of my finest choons in all the time, for when I've left my iPod at home.

pioneer avh5700dvd does the trick!

It can be had for about 600quid on the net

its touch screen,plays dvds,mp3s and works brilliantly with ipods!

B

Baby Inca

turboDean said:
How about the kenwood KVT-627 and any other equivalant units??

This unit has a hide away box...but it does play DVD mp3...under £600 now

turboDean

Standard Member
Got around to trying the Kenwood (KVT-627DVD) and the Alpine (IVA-D310RB), can confirm that they both do play MP3's off DVD.
Decided on the Alpine unit as it looks better, has a nicer screen etc, although is slightly more expensive £680 instead of £570, still cheap compared to what they used to be though, fitted it yesterday and i'm well impressed.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom