• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Single analogue pre-out for subwoofer

dragon_attack

Standard Member
I have an oldish (but much loved!) Denon stereo receiver (DRA-F101) with a single analogue connection (labelled "pre-out") for a subwoofer, standard RCA phono connector type - same as CD, DVD/AUX inputs, etc. There are no optical or coaxial connectors on the back of my receiver. I am thinking of buying the Wharfedale SW-150 or SW-250 subwoofer, but am not sure how I connect these subwoofers to my receiver. Does the single pre-out limit my options (if so, to what?) or is it simply a matter of ensuring I use the right cable? Looking at the inputs/outputs on the SW-150, I not sure how a single cable would work. See page 11:

http://www.wharfedale.co.uk/images/ranges/brochure_18.pdf

There are 4 line level and 4 speaker level inputs.

Many thanks for any advice!

stevelup

Distinguished Member
Hi

Just connect it to either the left or right 'line input' connector and it should work absolutely fine.

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom