single amp bi-amping advice

panaman84

Standard Member
My vsx 921 does support bi-amping mode. It turns surroundback in Front 2nd. My speakers have double wire posts so i never looked further and went for that option.*

Now the big question: am i an idiot for doing that?? Am i just wasting speakercable?? Ive been reading allot about it lately and it seems that everyone just says it does nothing and that it only lets your AVR work harder. Should i stay with bi-amping or should i single wire the speakers???*

Ps: while on the subject. A friend of my bought some floorstanders and started to connect them via bi-amp (vsx 922) and he noticed that when he removed the bindingposts bridges on the speakers while having only one set of speakerwire connected (i believe from FL + FR to the designated speaker connectors) their was NO SOUND at all. Is that right or does it mean his speakers have fake bi-amp connections???

Thanx in advance

PSM1

Distinguished Member
What speakers does your friend have?
I would keep your system wired as it is since you already have the cable. Biwiring (so from the same set of posts on the receiver) is a waste IMHO with no gains over a decent sized single cable. Biamping (like you have done) does give some small gains so I would stick with it.

panaman84

Standard Member
What speakers does your friend have?
I would keep your system wired as it is since you already have the cable. Biwiring (so from the same set of posts on the receiver) is a waste IMHO with no gains over a decent sized single cable. Biamping (like you have done) does give some small gains so I would stick with it.

Dont know for sure but i think their maybe missions... When he moves the wires to the other wireingposts on the speakers they do give sound. When he double wires them they work aswel. Only when single wiring WITHOUT the bridges, then one of the two postsets on the speakers gives no sound while the other does......

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom