Single 360 degree smart speaker suggestions

New Forester

I have removed my separates system from my 23x12 living room. Apart from the TV, all that's left is a single Echo that I'm using for radio and background music. But I am missing my Hi Fi when I sit in the room when my wife is out. I don't wish to add back wires and boxes but I'm wondering about a decent quality single smart speaker that will do what the Echo does. So, if I was prepared to spend say, £1500 is there a single speaker that would fill my room and be a massive improvement on the Echo?

Alan Weir 1

Get a naim muso and stick the echo on the side via 3mm

Mulldog

What Alan said. With the 3.5mm you can make any speaker smart. The Naim Muso 2 has excellent reviews, looks the part and has good performance.

It's not 360 degree though.
Phantom reactor for single speaker is probably the best sound for a single Bluetooth speaker if you really just want a single speaker only (I don’t think it looks as nice as the muso though for a single speaker).

Or for stereo you could go KEF LSX for £1,000 all in (minus stands).

You have a hefty budget with £1,500. You may as well go hifi instead of Bluetooth 360 degree speaker if you like good music.

From what I’ve heard the Apple HomePod is one of the best 360 degree speakers including the amazon echo studio for single source audio that’s omnidirectional. These 2 are considerably less than your written budget.

Last edited:

New Forester

I do my “serious” music listening in another room. Having now removed floorstanders, boxes and wires from my main living room I just want to hear decent background music occasionally as well as radio. And I want the device to have minimal impact on the appearance of the room. So something bulky and boxlike is out. I‘m not determined to spend £1500. I just want something I will be delighted with. It doesn’t really need to offer a lot more than the Echo which is surprisingly good as a background speaker. I guess I should try the Echo Studio.

Mulldog

The echo studio could be the right solution and is reasonably priced.

Let us know how you get on.

I have the echo plus in the kitchen but am intrigued by the studio.

New Forester

Changed my mind!

I had a demo of the Ruark Audio R5. Loved it! Will act as a TV soundbar, radio, CD player and music streamer plus more. Bought in Sevenoaks, Guildford where I’m staying until Sunday. Will set up at home and write a review on another thread.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom