1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Singer to direct Logan's Run(2004)

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Glimmer, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Glimmer

Glimmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bryan Singer is to begin filming a new remake of "Logan's Run" this September. All I've heard so far is that the film will be closer in tone with the novel which could possibly mean that the age of termination is 21 instead of 30 as changed in the original film. I would like to see a darker edge with the Sandmen a touch more sinister.

I also enjoyed the TV show as a kid and would love to see a DVD release of all 14 episodes. I know the show may not hold up too well today, but it seemed pretty cool at the time when I was 9 or 10 :rolleyes: I thought the weapon was pretty cool(as pre-laser guns go) with the flame flare from the muzzle. Anyway with cult tv getting released on DVD all over the place, I'm hoping the series can't be too far away. With the new movie getting released next year, maybe the TV series will sell better if made available near the time.

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    What is it with remakes anyway?

is hollywood running out of idears?

I loved logans run. owend to collectors edition of it on laser disc and am waiting for a decent dvd of it to come out.

I never saw the tv series though or read the book.
    Isnt the book almost a totaly different story to the film??

3. Glimmer

Glimmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The thing with remakes to me is that great stories are repackaged for a younger generation of moviegoers that may normally be turned off by the dated look of the original films. Planet Of The Apes & Logan's Run are two very interesting post apocolyptic ideas. The Fugitive & Cape Fear are two great crime thrillers.

Now while some remakes miss the mark, it does seem the ideas machine has dried up in hollywood at the moment. :confused:

4. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Planet of the apes did not just miss the mark.It hit the remake crap machine on the way to the target!!!
    And what the hell was the ending all about in the remake!!!
    The dvd even came with a card that tried to explane it away as a time travel problem or something :laugh:

A big budget hollywood movie remake that needs a card in the dvd to help explain the ending! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: