1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Since I'm in the America...

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Rummy, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Rummy

Rummy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you Brits get a Straight Anime channel?

We have an Anime Channel here on the pacific end, although its a premium channel and I'm a cheap bastid so I don't have it.

Also,(lame question) Is Anime re-dubbed with "English" accents as opposed to "American" accents?

Sorry for the dumb questions, I'm just unworldly is all.

-Rummy

2. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    The closest we have to an Anime channel is on sky called Toonami, which tends to show things like Yu-gi Oh(sp.), Ultimate Muscle( :thumbsup: :rotfl: ) and Samurai Jack( :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup: :cool: ) which I suppose aren't in the same league as say Akira, Spirited Away, Metropolis, Dominion Tank Police et al but it's about the closest we get.

Nope-we have to put up with the Colonial redub.

I could be wrong on these points so don't accept them as gospel. :)

3. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    And also, alot of the more extreme content is removed from the manga and anime movies that are avalable here on dvd and video.

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

Yep, most dubbed anime in England, is American dubs. There are the odd one or two exceptions, produced by Manag Entertainment UK, but they are few and far between - mainly because dubbing is expensive in the UK, and we don't have many talented voice artists who will care enough to do a good enough job.

And, as has already been mentioned, a lot of anime is cut, both on home viewing formats, and on TV. Even kiddy anime, like "Pokemon", "Digimon" and "Yu-Gi-Oh!" are hacked to pieces.

Most UK anime fans, import from Australia, Japan or the US, to get what they want! I know I do! However, having said that, some newer anime titles do get good UK releases, e.g "Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex", which is being released by Manga Entertainment, and each volume is a double disc-er, with DTS in both English and Japanese.

Pooch

5. Mundu

Mundu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I think toonami showedCowboy Bebop but didn't finish it off. Also A few years back when I had th SciFi channel every weekend they used to show fimls such as bubblegum crisis, street fighter ect.