• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

sin city region 2 or 3?

reevesy

Distinguished Member
need some help on deciding which region of sin city to buy...i know the region 3 has the dts but is there any quality of picture issues?
also as i never bought an asian region dvd i'm assumimg it'll be in english with chinese subtitles if required.
cheers.
:confused:

jameslindsey

Looks like the US region 1 Recut Extended Unrated version will be the one to go for. All extras and both edits of the film. Only DTS on the theatrical edit though.

Generally Asian DVDs had an English soundtrack with switchoffable (is that a word?) subtitles but may be work checking dvdcompare.net just in case.

reevesy

Distinguished Member
i'm not normally one for loads of extras...rather have quality sound and picture so i did'nt fancy paying the extra for the extended and uncut version.

jameslindsey

Me neither, only end up watching the extras once but what I do want though is the film edited the way the director/s wanted. Not what studio bosses decide will be best for the viewing public or what the BBFC kindly wish to protect my sensitive little eyes from.

Reviews on the extended recut are mixed, I havent seen Sin City yet :eek: must be the only person on these boards who hasn't but I'd like the ability to choose which version I watch.

Am going to hang on for a while to see if a UK recut version comes out, but good luck with whichever set you decide to plump for.

PlexShaw

jameslindsey said:
or what the BBFC kindly wish to protect my sensitive little eyes from.
Thankfully, that's not much these days...

Battle

Distinguished Member
You could always go for the three disc Korean version- Disc one is the theatrical, disc two is the directors cut and disc three is the sound track

It has English DTS or Dolby 5.1 and English or Korean Subtitles (but its 30 dollars :rolleyes: )

reevesy

Distinguished Member
anyone know if another region 2 release is on the cards...recut or special edition?

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
Battle said:
You could always go for the three disc Korean version- Disc one is the theatrical, disc two is the directors cut and disc three is the sound track

It has English DTS or Dolby 5.1 and English or Korean Subtitles (but its 30 dollars :rolleyes: )

16 pounds and six pence

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom