1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simultaneous SPDIF and Analog output?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by MarkHudds, Jun 3, 2005.

1. MarkHudds

MarkHudds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi

My HTPC is running MCE 2005/Theatertek 2.0 and therefore MCE is using the nvidia DVD decoder supplied with TT. I use SPDIF audio out to my amplifier in the main room for 5.1 listening and therefore the audio is set-up as SPDIF in TT. As the decoder is shared between TT and MCE, the SPDIF setting applies in MCE too.

I now have a LCD TV in a second room and have fed a vga and analog audio cable to it from my HTPC. The problem I have is that now I can't have DVD decoder audio sent to both the SPDIF and analog outputs without changing the setting manually.

The only way I can see to get around this is have another DVD decoder installed on my HTPC which is set to 2-channel rather than SPDIF and have this as the preferred decoder in MCE (i.e. use MCE built in player for second room LCD and TT for HTPC room). I prefer the nvidia decoder so I really want to avoid doing this.

For information, my motherboard is an Asus nForce2 model with SPDIF output module and the standard 3.5mm jack for analog audio out.

Can anyone suggest a way around this? Cheers.