simultaneous recordings fail Sky+

webby1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Yet another Sky + recording issue!
When trying to record two simultaneous programs when either watching one or watching a previously recorded program, one of the recordings will fail. Both programs are shown in planner as "recording" but only one will record. The other has a message when viewed "program interupted" but still carries on "recording".
Both dish input 1 and 2 cables are connected correctly.
Box is an Amstrad DRX280 160GB.
Anyone else had the same problem? Did you manage to cure it?

Cheers

Steve

What are the Signal, Quality levels on both inputs?

Hi,

Many thanks for asking the question.
Signal strength on both is around 50%
Signal quality on input 1 is around 80% and input 2 is about 90%, so that side looks very good.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Stevenage Neil

Did the planner rebuild last week but clearly did not sort this issue. The box is second user one (ebay...£35 sold as fully working) so not had it from new. The issue started about 2 months after I bought it (had it 4 months now) and in truth it did not really annoy me at first as there were very few times that simultaneous recordings were being made, but over the last two/three weeks many programs that we like run at the same time and due to us tending to doze in the evenings we often end up missing the whole of the programmes, thus we record them just in case. Old age and comfort begining to creep in....ha ha.
I seen many threads about these boxes just developing faults and driving people mad so I am thinking that perhaps this box is on its way out.

Cheers

Steve

Sorry, you've hit my limit of knowledge.

Maybe someone else can help.......

I had something similar to this (amongst a thousand other technical issues with sky +). We suddenly noticed that 'recorded programs' in the planner were not actually recorded but 'failed'. Thing is we could watch normal TV just fine, it would only say 'failed' after you try to view the program from the planner. When a 'recording' kicked in, the planner would say 'recording' and the red light would be on the front but we would only find out that it had failed later on.

So I figured the second cable must be faulty or loose or something (hence we could 'watch' ok but the record failed) but I checked the signal strength and it was fine.

In the end I unplugged the box from the wall for 24 hours and when it rebooted it started working normally again.

Not sure if any of this helps.........

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom