1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simpsons Region 2 PAL - blurry frames - with screenshots

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by cybersoga, Jul 8, 2002.

1. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Just got The Simpsons Season 2 on DVD (Region 2, PAL). It seems they havn't done a very good job - every second or so there is a fuzzy frame as you can see from the screenshots I took with PowerDVD. This results in wobbly lines when it's playing as you can imagine. It's even more noticable on my non interlaced DVD player and TV. Is this because it's been converted from NTSC to PAL (badly)? The R1 isn't out to August 6th so I can't compare it.

Blurry frame:-
    [​IMG]

Frame after blurry frame:-
    [​IMG]

2. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Actually I don't think it is a NTSC to PAL convertion problem because it doent happen consistantly, it's only during certain parts of certain episodes, still i'd like to know why its like that... Don't let me put you off buying it though because it's still excellent!

3. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Just a cartoon? JUST a cartoon? Don't get me started!

4. JohnAd

JohnAd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    It was the same with season 1, I posted something about it in the progressive scan forum last year. The region 1 version of season 1 also has lots of strange artifacts when played back on a PC.

My feeling is that this is caused by the convertor/encoder getting very confused by 12 frames per second material and locking on incorrectly to a pulldown sequence.

I'm stticking to the region 1 versions of these because at I know there has been no attempt to standards convert and it's only bad flags we have to deal with.

John