Simpsons on Sky Box Office?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Azrikam, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, so that subject was a little misleading, but here's my situation. I normally use my Sky program guide to setup my viewing for the rest of the night, then sit back and watch. (I don't have Sky+, just Sky Digital)

Although the planner has been a little buggy at times, it is generally fine. But, the other day, as I was setting a number of programs to watch, I got a message saying that one of my programs was about to start. (this is nothing new, as I usually hit Select, then go back to the planner) But, this time, when I returned to the planner, there were 2 "strange entries. One was for The Simpsons, and had the icons for "automatically tune", and other one that denotes the setup for the entire series. (you know, that funky double-arrow thing) The time/date was something generic like "01/01 12:00AM". When I selected this program, though, it did not give me the option to turn off the "auto tune", but it did give me the option to Delete it. Of course, it won't let me delete it without turning off Auto Tune. The other program that showed up at the same time allowed me to shut it down, and delete it, so that one is now gone.

When I try to delete the program, it asks if I want to delete this Box Office scheduled program. (huh?) Even if I hit "select", it doesn't delete. This would only be a minor annoyance, but the reminder for this show (that doesn't exist) comes up at random intervals, 4 or 5 times a day.

I've tried unplugging the box, but the item still remains there. I haven't tried a forced download yet, and am hoping that this will clear it up. But, shouldn't unplugging the box empty the Planner? Maybe I didn't leave it off for long enough. (I only left it off for 5 or 10 minutes)

As much as I enjoy the Planner, I'd rather do without it than contact Sky, as I'm fully aware of their reputation when it comes to customer service.

Basically, I'm wondering if anyone else has had anything like this happen, and if so, what fixed it. I hope it's not terminal, as I've grown very accustomed to my Panasonic box over the few months that I've had it, and really don't want to risk getting another box that isn't as fast.

Thanks in advance.

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,213
    try a hardware reset on the box, but don't ask me how to do it, its been over a year since i had sky digital... :(

3. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Take viewing card out.....turn off from mains.....wait 15secs.....switch back on.....wait30 secs.....menu should say insert viewing card.......insert card then go to personal planner.....planner should be clear.....!!

4. michaelm

michaelm
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    1. Remove the viewing card from your digibox

2. Switch off the power to your digibox for approx. 5 minutes

3. Switch back on again WITHOUT inserting your viewing card

4. Check your personal planner to make sure the rogue entries have gone

5. If so, insert your viewing card again

6. Enjoy (if you can)

5. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. I'll try that as soon as I get home, but it sounds like it should do the trick.

6. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,213
    but there is another reset u can do which involves the remote, but can't remember it.

7. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In a soft boot no need to switch off for 5 minutes, memory like personal planner is lost in 10 seconds.........about the same time as the sky operators.....!!

8. michaelm

michaelm
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The "system update" method a couple of you ere referring to DOES NOT solve this problem and only the method I describe does.

Or you can wait for around 6 months until it clears itself.

9. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried the reboot, along with taking the card out, and that sorted it. The box is working fine now.

Thanks again.