Simpsons Movie Confirmed

Dimmy

Banned

buns

Banned
i cant wait either! I find 20 minutes is too short on the good episodes, im just wanting more come the end of it! They would need to be careful to make sure it has a good story as well as the jokes, this i feel can tend to be the downfall of some simpsons episodes. If they came out with a dull story in the film, thats what people would remember and im certain it would harm the franchise

ad

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
Don't want to be the cynic as I love the 'Simpsons', but has it become quite poor of late?

bonzobanana

I have to agree I've gone from being a total fan to almost disinterested in it now. However I'm not 100% sure if its the shows getting worse or just myself losing interest due to the long running nature of the show. I suspect its a bit of both.

Dimmy

Banned
Hmm, I beg to differ, some of the newest episodes have just made me wet myself.

D

doncorleone

The new episodes vary from absolute brilliance to absolute bull but if you happened to notice, the main people behind the film are Mike Reiss and Al Jean who were in charge of season 3 and 4 and have written some of my all time favourite episodes (lisa the greek, lisas sax etc), so hopefully it should be good!

dsw182

If Conan O'Brien was involved with the writing of the movie, it could be great. 'His' episodes are classic. However, based on the most recent episodes it could be very hit or miss. As long as it doesn't turn into a 20 minute show with an extra hour of padding.

seany

Banned
Don't think it's a good idea, massive fan of the simpsons. 20 minutes is perfect.

D

danny-p

I'm just glad its a proper animated movie and not played by actors like scooby doo:rotfl:
I'm actually really lookin forward to this!

buns

Banned
I am still happy to watch all the repeats over and over...... so im still a big fan! :D

ad

MarkR

I've heard it will take them near on 2 years to make, so it makes me wonder if this movie will be the final thing to finish off the Simpsons era. Be a good way to end it.

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by Dimmy
Hmm, I beg to differ, some of the newest episodes have just made me wet myself.

17 is a bit old for that stuff isn't it mate? :rolleyes: :eek:

D

danny-p

Originally posted by MarkR
I've heard it will take them near on 2 years to make, so it makes me wonder if this movie will be the final thing to finish off the Simpsons era. Be a good way to end it.

Until its a huuuge hit/loot maker and the sequel is penciled in:smashin:

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Series 3 & 4 have most of my favourite episodes in, so I'm quite looking forward to this. I don't even bother watching any of the new episodes though as I don't find them funny

Dimmy

Banned
Originally posted by Games Guru
17 is a bit old for that stuff isn't it mate? :rolleyes: :eek:

:rolleyes: - don't you mean a bit young :D?

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom