Simply which plasma is best for footy???

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by dustybryn, Jan 19, 2005.

1. dustybryn

dustybryn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have spent the last month agonising over which plasma to buy. I've made my mind up about fifteen times only to change it again due to something someone says on here. Was almost decided on a Pio 435 but was then told that footy was awful on it. What I'd really like to know in the simplest, least technical manner is simply this, which plasma tv is best for general sky+ viewing especially the footy? I'm not especially obsessed with it being HD ready, I don't care whether it's panel only, I'm no expert in the finer aspects of plasma technology I'm just a simple guy who likes his footy!!

Cheers.

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +796
    I can only comment on the screens I have seen, but I hear people talk about smearing etc. and everything looking pixilated when the camera zooms out, well I have a Panasonic PW6 at the moment and I do noyt see any of these artifacts with it.
    I also say an LG screen the other night and again that looked very good, have a look at the thread regarding LG PX12 for the model, next to it was a pioneer, samsung, philips and hitachi, these all showed signs of motion blur and very pixilated, you could turn the contrast down and sharpness off etc. to help a lot. However the LG looked right straight away and this was set at silly contrast levels etc. as it was in a store.

You need to get out and just have a look at a few really, a TV is something we use a lot and tend to keep a while so it is worth making a bit of an effort before buying one :)

3. kwijibo

kwijibo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    my Pioneer mxe1 with frame rate set to FRC2 is great on all sports. No juddering, smearing, blurring . Excellent

4. vectrasri99

vectrasri99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd use a football mate ;->

Sorry had the title was begging 4 that.

My PX11 on SKY+ looks very good for sport.

M

5. davegtt

davegtt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the Panasonic Viera. seems OK to me, love footy and its more than watchable, when the camera is zoomed right out and the goalie kicks the ball for example the camera panning across the pitch makes it look ever so slightly blurry but still watchable. apart from that the rest is perfectly fine :)