Simply SKY Questions I hope !

Shady Deal

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Just got a freeview Telly with digital Tuner built in. I get a bit of colour bleed from it and would like to try my old skybox on it. (Other sources like RGB and component are fine, no colour bleed)

My Skybox is a silver Panasonic one (Model no ends with 30 I think) and it has not been used for the past 6-8 months, but I still have the card.

a) If I connect it up will I be able to see the FTA channels to check what the pictures like.

b) I thought I read on here that if you leave the card in the box for 24-48 hours Sky will activate it again for the FTV channels. (If not, where do I get a FTV card from)

c) Can someone confirm that you can pass RGB signals in via VCR scart and then out via TV scart?

Thanks for your time

Not sure about a) and b) but I think you need to phone Sky and buy a FTA card for about £20.
c) yes you can pass rgb in through the vcr scart.

a). Yes.

b). If it's a 'Yellow House' expired subscription card, it should still be capable of decrypting the FTV channels (Channel 4, five and Sky Three). It may need to be left in the box for 24 - 48 hours to 'catch up'.

Of course, for testing purposes, you'll only need one FTA channel.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom