Simplifying AV set-up, need TV cabinet advice

PoisonJam

I'm taking a minimalist approach to my home these days, offloading clutter and items I no longer really use. Somewhat sadly, this includes the HiFi, since I never just have music listening sessions these days.

I plan to:
  • Ditch the amp & CD player
  • Downsize this monstrosity of an AV stand
  • Wall-mount TV
  • Relocate sub to less-visible spot
New TV unit will need to house:
  • AV receiver
  • Blu-ray player
  • Centre speaker
  • My decor is 'scandi' style
  • Some flexibility for a bigger amp and centre speaker in future
  • Ideally have a way to hide components?

Most TV units I see don't have much clearance for hot-running AV receivers - is that a real concern? I will likely upgrade the speakers and receiver at some point.

I like the idea of hiding the components, but I think closing and opening a door constantly would be irritating. Has anyone experimented with fabric?

Any manufacturers/websites I should check out for this stuff?

Attachments

• PXL_20210929_103103242.jpg
    PXL_20210929_103103242.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Yorkshire AV

AVForums Sponsor

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Have you considered going full on 'Scandinavian' design and replace the Floor/Stand mount speakers with an On-wall options and hide the AVR/BDP remote from the front wall - you can have Passive or Active On-wall Subs if you want to keep everything off the floor.

Joe

bookle

Ditch the centre - opens up a lot of options for you.
Stereo pair sounds better than dedicated centre too.

Such

Take a look at Munari MO&MA furniture.

Customisable, AV/HiFi designed furniture with internal power sockets, fan grilles / removable modules for extra depth etc.

If there's anything you like in there, DM me as we are a distributor for them :)

There's another one in Denmark called 'CLIC'

Wish I'd seen this before opting for BDI - how does the MOMA stuff compare build and price wise?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom