Simplified connection set up

Technophobic suzy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi. Please help me set up my Freesat box and dvd player to my TV. I have recently moved to a new home which has a satellite dish and cable. I bought a Samsung QLED TV 2017 from a family member which has an invisible connection cable and a One Connect box. I want to connect my Freesat box and dvd player to the TV but not sure what goes where. Does the satellite cable plug into the TV or the Freesat box? The set up guide that came with the TV is not very clear

The satellite cables plug into the Freesat box then you connect the Freesat box by HDMI cable to the Samsung One Connect box. Unplug or switch off everything from the power sockets before connecting these.
Likewise the DVD player plugs into the One Connect box.

Thank you Jay. I have done that but can't get live tv.The DVD player works and I can watch tv on Freesat but it won't record whilst watching the tv either

You need another connection from your satellite dish to your TV.
Is your Freesat box a Freesat recorder (PVR)? The brand and model number would help us to help you.
Likewise, what is the full model no of your TV.
You may be able to record on your TV if you buy and plug in a HDD (Hard Disk Drive) depending on the model.

You should be able to record on the Freesat box then.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom