1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple Video editing Software is there such a thing?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by ABP, Sep 22, 2005.

1. ABP

ABP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help,
    I have a new ACER 5020 laptop with the firewire input .
    I have got video into the thing but i would like some advice. I would like some easy to use video editing software that was not too heavy for a laptop to cope with.
    All of the reviews i read are listing all of the fantastic things the software can do. all i want to do is simple editing with a fade in and out etc

Is there such software that can burn the finished edited film to dvd

Many thanks

AB-P

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,388
    Very, very simple and easy to use and even better free is Movie Maker that is part of the install of Windows XP. This will give you all the basic features you want apart from burning a DVD. To do this you can just use basic burning tools from Nero etc or buy a dedicated DVD authoring program such as Ulead DVD MovieFactory for around £30.

Full help & advice on useing Movie Maker can be found Here and DVD MF can be downloaded for a free 30 day trial from Here

Mark.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,388
    Another thing that is worth mentioning - captureing video to a laptop will eat up the available HDD space at an alarming rate. DV video will take 1Gb for every 4 minutes captured, that's around 14Gb per hour :eek: . Therefore if you are going to be captureing a lot of video I would suggest investing in an external firewire HDD with at least 160Gb of space.

Mark.

4. Paul_Maycock

Paul_Maycock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am I right in thinking laptops have a much slower hard disk speed? Is it 4600rpm or 54000rpm? And the FSB is 400mhz???

5. Blackspeech

Blackspeech
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes it seems a lot of laptops do have slower drives 5400rpm.

6. nukacola

nukacola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. senu

senu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,865
    Who are you ??:rolleyes:

If you must " advertise" a product Im sure you can register as a trader. the OP wants a simple video editing software not a video( publishing) presentation one.

So you live in Russia, bought a product for 75 bucks ( dollars) and are already singing its praises after one day:thumbsdow

You sound like you been on the DV doctor forums and been ticked off:lease:

Thanx for letting us know about "your" product but Still dont know who you are:eek:

ABP: Be wary.......very very wary:(

8. nukacola

nukacola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused:
    should I explain everything to you? I`m talking about the things I know, why on earth I will advertise anything? If presentavid is not "Simple Video Editor" so i must be a donkey! For much time I have been using a trial coz i`m not going to spend so much money for me on a software.
    If this is my first post so I must be a real stupid, do you think so? :rolleyes: I should be secure from this place.
    How do you think people should recommend something to somebody? uh?All these video editors like adobe prem, windows MM, virtDub and so on Its already KNOWN by everyone! And its much complicated for many people.

The only thing that I probably should apologies for is that I didnt mentioned tha date!! But if it is forbiddet to bump old threads so you as a "perfect" moderator has to close it.

thank you very much

9. senu

senu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,865
    How come you know so much about something after only a day of use and purchase!
    I did have a look at the websites " user forums" and possible support if anything went wrong with the software( as can happen) and found it wanting
    Contact details also seem to be scant:rolleyes:
    At least with the Popular names you mentioned ( which I did not) There is often enough online help or user forums
    Dont worry about explaining anything to me , Im not the original poster and everybody has a first post so there is no mention of stupidity.

Whether you accept it or not your original post does raise eyebrows ,
    I am not a moderator ( perfect or otherwise) but If your post is to be as helpful as you say it should appear a tad more transparent than it did

There is a free trial for the software and that in itself is open for anybody ( myself included) to try But the manner in which it is being brought to ones notice is... to say the least.. a bit opaque

This is the last I will say on this matter. I will leave others to judge if I have been offensive to you in bringing this up:boring:

10. nukacola

nukacola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: great! :hiya: bye
    you are not hearing me. you just talk!

11. senu

senu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,865
    Many thanx for editing the original post too. I may be deaf and talkative but not blind......
    You can infact delete the post/s too ...if you wish , I dont think anybody will be offended
    Goodbye:hiya:

12. dejongj

dejongj
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,482
    They could do, just like normal desktop machines could do...But they don't have to, you just have to do your home work...

My laptop has got 2Gb RAM, a Pentium 3.4EE, a 1920x1200 resolution screen, a 7200RPM Hard drive, DVD write, 4xUSB2 ports, Firewire ports etc.....It is great for video editing, so it is possible to get some very suitable laptops....

But on the original topic, Movie Maker is probably going to be as simple as it gets, and it is free....Then there are the uLead programmes which can be really simple as well....

Vegas might be a bit more complicated to the uniniated, but I could highly recommend it as it has proven stable and great for me....Another little favourite of mine is Womble...Great litts program that does facility smart rendering as well....