Simple upgrading question

Curly99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of upgrading to either the up to 30mb or 50mb internet package but was wondering what is the easiest quickest way to go about it, select the upgrade on the VM website and wait for them to contact me or set aside some time and give them a call?

Curly

I'd get on the blower.
You never know, you might be able to negotiate some sort of a deal, if you tell them you're merely considering it :smashin:

The deed is done, I gave them a call this afternoon, £5 to up grade from 10mb - 30mb, at the moment I get a paper bill and pay over the counter at my bank, I will set-up a direct debit saving £5 and go paperless saving £2 I will soon be paying £2 less for 3 x the speed, or at least that how I understand it... new modem and upgrade is due Monday 19th :)

Curly

Damn, I missed the courier today, see them pull up I get up go down stairs, admittedly not the fastest at the moment due to recently having a knee replacement, he was gone and there was the card... Yodel, I try the site like it says on the card, number and post code does not match, call them but you have to go through an awful automated system, finally... number and house number don't match, manage to get through to a cs rep... she says she can't do anything till the parcel is logged as back at the depot, she gives me the tracking number with which finally I managed to track the parcel back to the depot... click the link to get a re-delivery and the earliest is Wednesday 21st between 7:30am and 9:00pm...heres hoping, Virgin told me Monday for the modem delivery, if I had know it was Saturday I would have waited downstairs, anyway fingers crossed for Wednesday.

Curly

Last edited:
Sod's law :(

Here's hoping you get it Wednesday mate :smashin:
Thanks, I wish I never did the Google search for Yodel now, doesn't fill me with much faith.

Curly

Yodel are the old HDNL... aka "almost completele useless". They're the only courier who ever lost anything for me..

Anyway - good luck, and it's good that you went with 30Mbps and not 50, for some reason I've seen a lot more complaints about the 50 service compared to the 30.

i had a pleasent surprise as well, just rung up to cancel sky sports as i dont really watch it,and asked how much to upgrade from 20mb to 30 mb,and he said it will cost nothing,zilch. not sure why but im wqell pleased

hub came today, pants on wireless, stuck it in modem mode, used my router and all is well 30 down and 3 up, all is well, :fingerscrossed:

Curly

i had a pleasent surprise as well, just rung up to cancel sky sports as i dont really watch it,and asked how much to upgrade from 20mb to 30 mb,and he said it will cost nothing,zilch. not sure why but im wqell pleased

Spawny sod ;) :smashin:

well after a while and some fluctuating speeds... I didn't know there were so many wireless connections in my area till I ran inssider, I found that the week link was the Intel centrino wireless in my Laptop so I purchased a netgear wireless dongle and....

Curly

why not just upgrade the card in the laptop, instead of using a dongle?
I don't want to take the laptop apart while it's still under warranty plus I can use it with the Panasonic plasma Tv.

Curly

I don't want to take the laptop apart while it's still under warranty plus I can use it with the Panasonic plasma Tv.

Curly

Fair enough Curly.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom