1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple Sky Questions

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Chaos Star, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Chaos Star

Chaos Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Have recently aquired a flat that has a dish mounted on the outside with a cable running into the living room.

If I buy digi box for it will I be able to recieve free to air channels without buying a sky subscription?

I also have a projector set up in the next room (adjacent to living room) with only s-video and component connection, how would I get sky on this without installing the digibox in the projector room?

:smashin:

2. chilphllpill

chilphllpill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well im pretty sure you cannot buy to long s-video cables so your best bet might be to extent the signal feed from your dish and have the digibox near the projecter,

You can recive, The 8 BBC channels, 60 shopping channels, extreme sport, Fashion channel, and about 30 text in channels,

You will need a FTV card (version 2) to get ITV1 CH4 and CH5, you cannot get FTN, ITV2 without a subscription.

Seen as the FTV cards now cost £100 on ebay its hardley seems worth it when you can get a nice, very smal, shinny silver freeview box for £50 and get 12 month garantee on it and recive many more better channels,

Check wether you can get freeview in your area and i would recomend you getting a freeview box.

3. Chaos Star

Chaos Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Freeview is not available in my area and the normal TV signal is dire. Are there any alternatives to the FTV cards as £100 seems rather steep?