Simple Sky Questions

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Chaos Star, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Chaos Star

Chaos Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Have recently aquired a flat that has a dish mounted on the outside with a cable running into the living room.

If I buy digi box for it will I be able to recieve free to air channels without buying a sky subscription?

I also have a projector set up in the next room (adjacent to living room) with only s-video and component connection, how would I get sky on this without installing the digibox in the projector room?

:smashin:

2. chilphllpill

chilphllpill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well im pretty sure you cannot buy to long s-video cables so your best bet might be to extent the signal feed from your dish and have the digibox near the projecter,

You can recive, The 8 BBC channels, 60 shopping channels, extreme sport, Fashion channel, and about 30 text in channels,

You will need a FTV card (version 2) to get ITV1 CH4 and CH5, you cannot get FTN, ITV2 without a subscription.

Seen as the FTV cards now cost £100 on ebay its hardley seems worth it when you can get a nice, very smal, shinny silver freeview box for £50 and get 12 month garantee on it and recive many more better channels,

Check wether you can get freeview in your area and i would recomend you getting a freeview box.

3. Chaos Star

Chaos Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Freeview is not available in my area and the normal TV signal is dire. Are there any alternatives to the FTV cards as £100 seems rather steep?