1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple Question re: Buzzing

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Snubber, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Snubber

Snubber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all,

Have a Panasonic 42PE50B for just over two weeks. After day three I noticed a buzzing coming from the rear of the set (definitely did not have it at first) - sounds like a circuitry/PSU buzz. I accept that all plasmas will buzz to a certain degree, however (here's the question).......should you be able to hear the buzzing from 12ft away (as my wife and I can) during quiet scenes and when on mute? The buzzing is worse during bright scenes and when in dynamic mode.

My opinion is definitely not since it really does interfere with my enjoyment of the televison. I can't see how it can be deemed 'fit for purpose' if it makes so much noise.

I would really like to hear other peoples opinion as it will hopefully provide extra weight when I go back to retailer and seek a replacement.

Thanks in advance.

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +474
    i agree with you....I can't hear either of mine unless i get real close to them.

3. MrNPG

MrNPG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    The buzz on mine is barely audible from 12ft away. I need to get pretty close to it for me to hear it and it certainly doesn't effect my viewing "pleasure".

4. nickeddle

nickeddle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have the Pio xde and I can only hear any buz if I put my ear to the back of the panel with the sound off