1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

simple Question - HITATCHI PD42 3000

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by SLIM, Dec 20, 2004.

1. SLIM

SLIM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Ok simple Question will i beable to use my HITATCHI PD42 3000 when sky start useing HD ?. Are will my screen only be good for (Free View / DVD ) ?.
    Thanks

2. jonslon

jonslon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As pre previous posts, the 5300 does not have a DVI or other digital connection on the external input/tuner box, but does have SCART and component amongst other connections. The DVI interface on the screen is only compatible with the tuner box.

The HItachi xxPD5x00 series, like many othet manufacturer's plasmas, does not support the planned Sky HD connectivity, specifically it does not support HDMI 720 at 50 Hz.

The 5100 and 5200 series have no external tuner box but instead have their connections on the plasma panel, but although their is DVI it too is not compatible with the proposed Sky service.

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Note the word "proposed". Nothing has been finalised yet. When Sky's HD service starts, the old boxes will still work, and so will your plasma.

4. SLIM

SLIM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    ok cool thats all i cear about right thanks