1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

simple question for a simple guy!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by papa_flump, Aug 11, 2005.

1. papa_flump

papa_flump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hope this is an easy fix...

plasma screen works fine but whenever itv news & cbeebies for that matter comes on the whole picture has a 1 to 2" border down the right hand side only... easy fix.. adjust picture & either stretch horizontal settings, move image right or a bit of both.

problem is when this is done and I go to say sky sports news the image is too far right & some of the fixed data is either missing or pushed very hard up on the right... looks odd.

is there a simple fix and is this a common problem?

simple sky hook-up with rgb settings to 16:9, connected via JS technology box rgb>vga. screen is the panny pw7.

2. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Papa...I dont know how to fix your problem but I wondered if you have another tv (preferably a widescreen set) then use the exact same settings on the 2nd tv see if you can recreate the problem

3. vileda

vileda
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I get the same with some BBC news, It bounces around between different clips so I think it may just be broadcast that way (14:9????)

4. Drd

Drd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Me too.It's annoying but I think we have to live with it.

5. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Yep, If its only happenenig on one channel then its the way it is being broadcast I am affriad.

6. papa_flump

papa_flump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    hi,

Thanks for the info... for info lionheart original sony widescreen tv was perfect, but that was scart direct from sky... now i'm using the jst box to convert to vga.

as for number of channels doing this... itv local news for definite, some cbeebies programs.. then it will go back to normal as soon as the program ends and the presenters come on screen to introduce the next prog!

Like you guys, I have put it down to broadcasting.... a shame, especially when the missus starts....

7. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    This has been asked before both here and I think on the DLP forum. Basically it's the way that ITV are recording some material in a standard 4:3 ratio and then broadcasting as part of a widescreen 16:9 signal with a slight picture shift. I've seen it on ITV news on a number of different TVs so you don't worry you don't have a problem with your screen.