1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

simple question about plasma's

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by AxxxxA, Jun 10, 2004.

1. AxxxxA

AxxxxA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

Forgive me if this question is complete rubbish but i'm pretty new to plasma TVs.
    I have a budget of no more than £2400 and would like to buy the Panasonic 42” pwd30 or the LG sold in curry’s (forgot model). My question is what would I need to look for and buy If I want the channels 1 to 5 to receive bbc1,2 itv and so on via the Arial on the roof and then use my DVD, xbox and sat on the external input sources,

Sorry if this question don’t make sense but I know what I mean, also which one of the above would you buy.

Cheer’s. guys

2. Parklife

Parklife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    It all obviously depends on the outputs of what you want to connect. For the best results for a dvd player use component or scart if you don't have component. Sat you can use scart. Xbox as far as I know you can use scart or component.

Out of the 2 you mention I think the majority here will agree there is no Q you should go for the Panasonic. Great picture and probably the best model around that is a straight replacement for a current TV.

Have a look around for the best price and then get John Lewis to pricematch and get the 5 year guarantee.

3. Duncan G

Duncan G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +768
    Have a look at Richers Soundsweb site. They do good plasmas at lower prices.
    They do 42" Hitachi/Pioneer sets at under 2k. :thumbsup: