Simple point and shoot camera with easy software

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by karkus30, Sep 19, 2007.

1. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,238
    Friend of mine is asking for a recommendaton for a simple to use compact camera for general family/holidays. It must be easy to use and have easy software.........if its going to be a chew she will be struggling. Price around £100 but not much more.

Thanks.

2. bowenjones

bowenjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +452
    Your friend won't go far wrong with the Canon PowerShot A550. The reason i'm recommending this is because a family member has just got one and, for a sub £100 camera, the picture quality is very good (better than my Sony W12 which I paid twice as much for two years ago). Very easy to use with a good 4X optical zoom wheras most other cameras coming in at that price range only have 3X optical. Bundled software should be a doddle but there are other free photo organisers and editing programs out there if your friend doesn't like what comes with the Canon. The camera also has some reasonably good manual features for the more adventurous. It's had some pretty good reviews from both users and professionals and Amazon have it for £93.

There's a good review of it Here.

3. jason g

jason g
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,784
    we got the fuji f20 from asdas for 70 quid, its not bad actually, better than what i thought it would be.
    u need to look at different modes to take pictures, but for general ones the auto seems fine.

take a look at the pic i took, i was about a metre away when i took this.:D

4. senu

senu
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,811
    I suggest your friend just aim to spend on the camera ( whether or not it comes with software)

It is most likely it will but if it doesn't and is a better camera for that, Easy to use software: Free, almost free and reasonably priced abound
    As it happens , sometimes bundled software ...sucks:(

Good cameras have dropped in price and the 2 mentioned above are worth at least some consideration