Simple phone with good UI

K

Kyssyn

Can anyone help me find my mum a mobile phone which won't baffle her? She only calls and texts and would like it to work in the USA (so triband or better). She doesn't use any other phone frills but would appreciate a decent battery life.

She used to have a Nokia 3210 and she wasn't fond of it but could use it reasonably well. When that phone died she borrowed my dad's old slide phone (Nokia, not sure what model). The sliding seems to confuse her more than a chocolate bar/flip phone. The menu of the Nokia she's currently using seems to confuse her so I'm hoping for something with a simper user interface, even if it'd be something I'd need to configure first (the Nokia she's got is quite limited in that respect). My patience is wearing thin with constantly trying to explain how the phone works to her!

Any ideas on models I could look into getting for her? Thanks :)

RobM

Samsung tend to make fairly Mum friendly phones :)

They tend to have clearer and more simple menu layouts and are farily logical to work your way around :)

southeastblue

Novice Member
I would have comfortably said Nokias tend to have the most easy to use interface of all phhones I've ever used.

One of the basic ones would be more than easy to operate!

Click menu, click phonebook, find number, click green button to call.

Click menu, click messaging, click inbox, read text.

From what I can remember most Nokia's have scrollable menus with big pictures and big writing unless it's a symbian based Nokia, so should be easy for anyone to operate young or old.

K

Kyssyn

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm going phone shopping today so I'm sure I'll find something :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom