Question Simple PC audio for Denon AVR-X2000

Aleik

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm genuinely clueless. Just wanting to pair X2000 and PC for the time being. I assumed grabbing the audio output would be simple (got a 3.5mm to red/white RCA cable, RCA end into CBL/SAT, but no joy). I bought a new cable to check the old one wasn't bust. It's a receiver problem as my phone also won't deliver sound to it. PC also has an HDMI slot, but again no audio.

I know this is criminal underuse of a good receiver anyway, but it's temporary. Is there anything I'm doing that I shouldn't be, or vice versa?

Thanks, Alex

It could well be a configuration issue. Probably need to go through some basic troubleshooting steps to begin with...

Are you getting any audio from the AVR - eg test tones?
How many speakers do you have attached?
For each input, you will need to go into the AVR settings and set what audio you want to match to that input eg HDMI / analog / digital. I am guessing that might be where the problem is, or the AVR is broken!

I've never tampered with the input assign settings, so I don't know why they were different, but returning them to default worked. Ruddy bloody brilliant! THANK YOU!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom