1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple learning remote suggestion pls

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by fourtears, Jun 21, 2005.

1. fourtears

fourtears

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi, I am looking for a simple learning remote to operate a bedroom set-up of TV, VCR and set top box. All the multi-brand remotes I have seen so far use the device switching principle with each button operating multiple devices if you change the 'mode' say from TV to VCR. What I am looking for is something very simple. No multiple modes or device switching. Simply the basic TV controls with Guide, up, down etc for the set top box, volume for the TV, and the play/stop/ff/rr etc for the VCR. Any suggestions? I already have a Pronto for the living room set-up but I'm looking for much cheaper and sipler here for the bedroom.

2. scumball

scumball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +410
    A Harmony will do this - I got a 659 (US 655 equivalent) for £30 on eBay. Obviously it will do far more than you need but you can set up the volume for TV, numbers/guide/menu for Sky and transport controls for VCR/DVD easily.