simple if you know how!! help!!

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by shona_mck, Jul 18, 2005.

1. shona_mck

shona_mck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, this may be a really simple or tupid question but i have just brought a fiesta lx 1997 and want to put my 6x9 speakers in. the car doesnt have rear peakers at the moment for me to attatch my new ones to. how would i go about getting the wires to go to the back, where would i need to attach them to in terms of the head unit or front speakers etc. for all i know the wires could already be there and just need to be attached but i'll happily admit i'm clueless.
    thanks xxx

2. buzlightyear

buzlightyear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    First thing is it the standard ford head unit, there should be a wire loom at the back. This is where someone with a ford will help. There might (should) be the wires there already so you can just connect your new speaker wire to it (sorry cant be more help on the description but im sure someone else will help)

Get some fairly decent speaker wire and feed it through the gap where the head unit was and run it all the way to the back to your 6x9's. Is alot harder to go Back to front.
    You wont really get a great sound from the 6x9 because the ford headunit is not really designed for powering that size speaker. But if you just going for noise then it will do the job ok :thumbsup:

3. shona_mck

shona_mck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thing is that its a clarion head unit in there. does this mean that i have to do the same thing?