• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Simple HDD/DVD recorder question!

northenstar5555

Standard Member
I am slightly baffled and am spending ages trying to find this answer. If i connect a HDD/DVD recorder to a TV with built in Freeview will i be able to record one channel and watch another. There seems to be conflicting info. My parents have got a simialr set up and i have just rang my dad to do a test and he can do it. I am assuming then that despite his Panasonic HDD/DVD (Pana DMR-EX75) only having one digital tuner he must be recording throught that and watching another Freeview channel through the tuner on that.

I have a Sony Bravia 32" and want to get a Sony RDR-HXD870 or 930.

Anyone can answer this troublesome query !

northenstar5555

Standard Member
Thanks Adrian. I thought that was the answer but couldnt find it anywhere! That is all i needed to know before going ahead with a purchase. Thinking about treating myself to the Sony and a PS3 !! Found a deal on the Dixons website!! You might have just cost me alot of money !!! Cheers

adebig

No problem. I also have a Sky Digibox and a Non-Sky satellite receiver connected to my Panasonic DVDRecorder, and so have a choice of three different recording options whilst watching Freeview on the TV's own tuner.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom