Simple HDD/DVD recorder question!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by northenstar5555, Jan 9, 2008.

1. northenstar5555

northenstar5555
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am slightly baffled and am spending ages trying to find this answer. If i connect a HDD/DVD recorder to a TV with built in Freeview will i be able to record one channel and watch another. There seems to be conflicting info. My parents have got a simialr set up and i have just rang my dad to do a test and he can do it. I am assuming then that despite his Panasonic HDD/DVD (Pana DMR-EX75) only having one digital tuner he must be recording throught that and watching another Freeview channel through the tuner on that.

I have a Sony Bravia 32" and want to get a Sony RDR-HXD870 or 930.

Anyone can answer this troublesome query !

2. Adrian_F

Adrian_F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    Yes, watch one Freeview channel on your TV and then record a different one on your recorder.

3. northenstar5555

northenstar5555
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Adrian. I thought that was the answer but couldnt find it anywhere! That is all i needed to know before going ahead with a purchase. Thinking about treating myself to the Sony and a PS3 !! Found a deal on the Dixons website!! You might have just cost me alot of money !!! Cheers

4. Adrian_F

Adrian_F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    No problem. I also have a Sky Digibox and a Non-Sky satellite receiver connected to my Panasonic DVDRecorder, and so have a choice of three different recording options whilst watching Freeview on the TV's own tuner.