Simple HD70 lamp question

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Tommy Angelo, May 5, 2007.

1. Tommy Angelo

Tommy Angelo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have received a spare HD70 lamp for my new projector and it looks unusual to me because there is no glass covering the front as there was on my AE500 lamps. Is this normal?

I got a "free" lamp voucher that said I had to use it within 30 days of purchase and received the lamp with a receipt that said I had to report a problem within 2 days. So when I need to replace my lamp the warranty will be out of date. So I'll be a bit annoyed if it has a problem

2. Delh68

Delh68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    If you got it from Sean, you could always PM him on here ~ also, isn't there any info about changing the lamp in the manual of the HD70, (diagrams, etc) that might help you out??
    I think a lot of lamp warranties are 30-90 days normally anyway, so they don't give you much time if you only use it a couple of hours a day, to discover a problem:eek:

Delh68

3. Delh68

Delh68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Having said that about Sean, i can't seem to find his user id anymore ~ sorry:(

Delh68

4. Delh68

Delh68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Right, i'm glad to say i've not gone totally mad, Sean's user id is thescoobydoc

Hope this helps

Delh68

5. Tommy Angelo

Tommy Angelo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The projector and lamp voucher were from Sean but the lamp was directly from Optoma.

6. AV Nik

AV Nik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    The Optoma Lamp Vouchers are redeemable at any time. You no longer have to claim within 30 days and the voucher lasts for as long as you keep the projctors receipt of purchase.
    The amount of time you have the lamp, before using it, is now irrelevant.
    If you have a problem when you install any Optoma replacement lamp, you have to report that problem within two days.

If you have any problems or questions about any Optoma product, they are generally quite helpfull if you ask.
    Either that or ask one of us (accredited partners).
    Hope this helps.