Simple gym

Yeah, Silvertonhill area, yourself?

I used to work for a health club chain that would charge £50 p/m for pretty poor facilities but they had a market and made a good bit of money from it. There are too many people now that just want to use a running machine and a few weights a couple of times a week, hard to justify the money for that. @=adrian= have you looked at Fit Inc Studio Gym? Not as cheap as some but cheaper than a lot.
Thanks. I'll have a look when back home.

We have had a few independents set up in small units around here with free weights. Seen a few pure gyms and they are mainly cardio but bonus is 24hrs.

I use Pure Gym here in Coventry. For what I need it's perfect, absolutely no frills, but the equipment and variety of equipment available is good imo. I've never had to wait to get on a machine and I'm normally there straight after work (5pm) when you'd expect it to be busy.

Yeah, Silvertonhill area, yourself?

I used to work for a health club chain that would charge £50 p/m for pretty poor facilities but they had a market and made a good bit of money from it. There are too many people now that just want to use a running machine and a few weights a couple of times a week, hard to justify the money for that. @=adrian= have you looked at Fit Inc Studio Gym? Not as cheap as some but cheaper than a lot.

I'm across from the Butterburn pub

Just had a look at the Pure Gym 360 tour in Edinburgh and it is just a typical 75% of space for treadmills and cycling and all the proper weights and machines are crammed into the remaining space. With people everywhere.

Google Maps

Just the sort of gym I don't really like :(

A lot of the cheap gyms are cardio, I just think they are aimed at people who want that and don't mind £10 a month. We have a number of little gyms which are 90% weight training. Usually in back streets or a unit in a warehouse.

My winter training is simple and have basic weights, a kettle bell and a bosu! Job done!

A lot of the cheap gyms are cardio, I just think they are aimed at people who want that and don't mind £10 a month. We have a number of little gyms which are 90% weight training. Usually in back streets or a unit in a warehouse.

My winter training is simple and have basic weights, a kettle bell and a bosu! Job done!
I wouldn't mind a small back street gym at all. Sadly they are pretty hard to find and usually don't even have a website at all.

Nor pay tax etc haha, well not that much no doubt!

I wouldn't mind a small back street gym at all. Sadly they are pretty hard to find and usually don't even have a website at all.
They might not have a website but they might have a phone number so have a look at yell.com.

I did a quick Google for gym Edinburgh and found there was one attached to a rugby club that looked like it had just weights and weight machines.

They might not have a website but they might have a phone number so have a look at yell.com.

I did a quick Google for gym Edinburgh and found there was one attached to a rugby club that looked like it had just weights and weight machines.
I'm pretty sure there is plenty of those in Edinburgh (and Glasgow), but 20 miles each way is a bit much for me just to go to a gym.

The Pure Gym in Livingston should open end of November, I think I'll wait and go visit it to see if I like it. The main thing is that it is not crowded.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom